THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've got the ingredient but no.

Try this instead. Peanut Whiskey. Merican style.

xKg6pGV.jpg

I won't be doing this version... but I'm also not so opposed as to start handing out pitchforks and torches to "pay those folk a visit" either.

I have included some brown sugar- and I have snuck in some unsweetened cocoa powder in mine... it this really so different?

Chili is a many splendored thing- enjoy it the way you want to.

Hard pass on that one! Chocolate maybe.... peanut butter cups? no way.

I don't know about the peanut butter cups. I do know a local chili cookoff team that is very successful does put some peanut butter in their chili.

I like to make grilled peanut butter sandwiches, let them cool a little and cut them into croutons. Add them as a topper to a big bowl of three-alarm chili.

I'd never heard of anything like it before. Sorry to the mods if I broke any rules, I was just curious. Im a fan of the Sucklebusters Chili mixes. Thinking about mixing up a batch and throwing in a Reeses or two left over from the kiddos halloween stash to try...no beans of course.

Peanuts are a key ingredient of Satay. That's peanuts and a chilli mix, so putting a peanut butter cup in a batch of chili is not so far of a reach, if a little bit of a surprise to the purists. Almost as crazy as adding beans.

But anyway, have a think about it. Do you want to make chili or satay.

I have access to some of that peanut butter whiskey above, and some brisket just waiting.
A little dark chocolate, need to plan some chili.

I don't like peanut butter in general, so it's not going into my chili. But I do add a couple squares of bittersweet chocolate to each batch.

Back