THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Who was it that bought the deep fryer that had a reservoir underneath that as the oil cooled it went through a filter and back into the reservoir as the oil cooled?

Am I crazy or did someone buy one like that?

I'd like to hear a review too. I have a 1-gallon digital Cuisinart that works well, but is such a PITA to clean. I've been thinking going back to a Presto Fry Daddy since it only uses 4 cups.

I have the 6 Gallon RV works Cajun Fryer. I bought it because i got tired of buying the cheap turkey fryers and pots every couple years to fry turkeys during the holidays. I love it. I do not fry very often but when I do its nice not to have to do it in the house. My kids love the restaurant quality french fries and chicken wings that this thing makes. My favorite thing is probably fried Oreos. Its one of the best purchases I've made in years.

https://cajunfryer.com/shop/ff2s-st-6-gallon-2-basket-fryer-with-stand/

We have the T-Fal one and have for several years. We don't use it overly often but when we do it works well. The basket is not the largest, so you're not making enough wings, fries, etc for a family of 4 or more. It can probably hold about 12 - 16 wings but I wouldn't push it beyond that.

The oil does cool down as you add items to the oil, so you would want it to be hotter to start with if you do a full basket of wings so that it doesn't cool down too much.

The unit cleans up fairly well. Once cooled, you flip the switch and it drains into the plastic tub on the bottom. it filters out all the chunks so the oil is fairly clean. We purchased a second bottom tub so we could have one for savory and one for sweet. Drain time takes about 10ish minutes. We take the tub and put it in the fridge for the next use. Once the oil is out, we wipe it down with paper towels then wash. Most parts are dishwasher safe, but we haven't done that.

Now that we live in the county and have access to a fire pit, we've done all our deep frying in a large cast iron pot. During the winter would be the best time to use it, but it still sits on the shelf and may has been used 2 times in the last 4 years.

I'm looking at this exact model and was wondering if you fill it to capacity @ 6 gallons? Do you drain and filter after each use or store it in the fryer? How many uses do you get before changing the oil? Thanks!

That was me I think. I would not waste my money on that particular unit. The drain into the reservoir is a nice feature, but, the electric coil is way under powered IMHO. IIRC it took close to 30 minutes to reach cooking temperature and it took over 10 minutes to recover the heat when you dropped the recommended amount (not very much in volume)of fries or okra into the oil. The finished product was not good at all and very grease soaked.

If I still have it stuffed into a closet and have not donated it to the Salvation Army, I will gladly ship it to anyone who wishes to pay the shipping costs.

Robert

Last edited:
I have the 6 Gallon RV works Cajun Fryer. I bought it because i got tired of buying the cheap turkey fryers and pots every couple years to fry turkeys during the holidays. I love it. I do not fry very often but when I do its nice not to have to do it in the house. My kids love the restaurant quality french fries and chicken wings that this thing makes. My favorite thing is probably fried Oreos. Its one of the best purchases I've made in years.

https://cajunfryer.com/shop/ff2s-st-6-gallon-2-basket-fryer-with-stand/

Sorry meant to direct my post to ther00k...
I'm looking at this exact model and was wondering if you fill it to capacity @ 6 gallons? Do you drain and filter after each use or store it in the fryer? How many uses do you get before changing the oil? Thanks!

Back