Who Makes Rural King Pellets??

Crispy Bacon

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Crispy
Went into my local RK to pick up some Lumber Jack pellets & all they had are their own RK brand. Anybody know who makes them or if they are any good? Some are saying that they’re being told by RK that LJ makes them but then contacted LJ & they said NO. So sorry if this has been asked before.
Thanks

That seems to be a mystery. Used to RK advertised like they were made by Lumberjack but Lumberjack denied it.

I saw a blurb somewhere that you are actually looking one step too low in the corporate ladder.

Rural King private label isn't made by Lumberjack, both Lumberjack, private label, other brands are made by the parent Lignetics.

Here is the Lignetics website: https://lignetics.com/?msclkid=5f255494c63411eca03d25aa22ee5162

Other brands listed there, but not Lumberjack.

Now go to the Lumberjack website.

Check out the contact info:

Lignetics of Great Lakes, LLC
16592 W US Hwy 63 S
Fax: 715-934-4574
E-Mail: ordersglre@lignetics.com

FOR SALES AND NEW DEALER REQUESTS:
Lumberjack Sales
Phone: 715-934-4573
E-mail: ordersglre@lignetics.com

Even the domain name is Lignetics.

So I think what you have is the pellet version of Royal Oak lump production. Many many names, many recipes, many brands, etc.

They probably grade the wood/pellet source each run and see which line would best to market them under.

Are all pellets (or lump) equal, if they have the same manufacturer and parent? Of course not. Just like we have national bakers and snack manufacturers, doesn't make all chips or cookies the same. Different recipes and different brands, different price points and flavor profile, whether your talking pellets or cookies.

It is my understanding that Lignetics only recently acquired LumberJack so that may explain why LJ is missing from the main site's list of brands. Bill's comparison to Royal Oak may explain it too yet they list Bear Mtn.:noidea:

The Lignetics site's dealer locator is farked. I have two different companies near me that sell Bear Mtn. and four that sell LJ yet the website doesn't show any of them.:crazy:

As far as the current RK pellets the latest info I've heard is nobody knows who makes them.

RK has a sign up that they are the same pellets but rebranded somewhere i have a picture of it and thought i had posted it

Back