Who is Famous Dave??

Anyone notice???........Mark is taking funny pills lately. :shock: :roll:

Famous Daves cooked next to us at the B&B contest last year and had some impressive equipment (big bucks). They sold to the public ribs a buck a bone,they went thru a 100 racks on Fri and another 100 on Sat. plus chicken and pulled pork.They have built two stores here and are building in Vegas also. I have eaten there twice and thought it was good for a chain.Everyone i know that knows how to smoke is never satisfied when they eat out anyway :roll:

willkat98 said:
Note to Phil,

Only a fool goes to a restaurant in the first 2 months of operation, and then gets take out to boot.

Way too long a window in the NY area. You have to be on your game on day one or be out of business in 90 days. There's too much competetion to give a new place 2 months to get it right.

famous daves

dave anderson reigned fro famous daves board of directors recently, the new ceo is david goronkin. dave anderson is the original founder. i only know this because i raised money for the company

smokin al's

smokin als in bayshore is much better than daves. quality of food is less commercial and you can smell the burnt wood. one of my favorite smells

RBSNWNGS said:
hey phil
i need to find that shack you were talking about

Jericho turnpike (RT 25) - right on the Nassau/Suffolk border. South side of the street. Next to a landscaper that also does chain saw log carvings. Phil says it's Woodbury.

His brisket was pretty good. Sauce OK. Pulled pork was dry - but he told me that i was eating yesterday's batch. Don't remember the ribs.

Gawd - that photo sucks. Every home-cooked Brethren photo I've seen posted on this board beats that with a stick. One year I helped a guy in MD prepare his income taxes. For my time he ordered Famous Daves - about $70 worth also. Put it this way - I wasn't in any rush to bring leftovers home.

Back