THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Knife Should I Get?

• Victorinox 47513 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Semi-Stiff Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Nice knife Bucc. What is it?
Thanks Jazzy, sorry Bigdog, just logged on.
The philosophy is different, it is a stiff hard knife but the point shape and edge make it amazingly dexterous at boning out.
non flex means no sideway movement and cutting pathway mistakes, it goes exactly where you point it.:thumb:

Does the handle get slick at all when it gets wet or greasy?

I find the wooden grip to be more comfortable. The more squared edges seem to give me better side to side control. I do not find them any more slippery when wet or greasy, but I like to keep my knife hand clean and dry. (Old habit from working at a butcher shop) The fibrox handles are great, but I greatly prefer the rosewood. The fibrox is easier to care for, but not much. When I worked in the butcher shop, all of the "house knives" and almost all of the "personal knives" were fibrox, all of the owner's personal knives were rosewood.

Thanks everyone. I am going to go with the Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Semi-Stiff Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle, but also plan on a trip to Ambrosi Brothers.

I use a semi-stiff DR boning knife, buy, I also have a stiff boning knife, and a caping knife, that I prefer for many small details tasks on a carcass.

images

Wusthof 5" Classic boning knife for me. It's not the flex model and it works just fine. I don't do a lot of fish or poultry work, though.

Back