Where do you buy meats?

My neighborhood butcher.

bimm1x.jpg

solauo.jpg

That looks totaly cool... do they have power equipment in the U.K. too?

Been there.. just kiddin...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

costco is for some things out here and s-mart is good for others...

We pretty much settled into a meat-buying routine last season -- pork butt, spares and chicken came from Costco, and briskets came from Albertson's. One store in particular had a meat man who was very accommodating once they understood our needs, and would wheel out a trolley full of packers for VQ to paw through.

We source all of our meat through our sponsor, Buckhead Beef, with the exception of chicken. (BB doesn't carry premium chicken in parts, only whole birds).

CAB, Prime, Wagyu... whatever we need, Buckhead Beef has got it!

That looks totaly cool... do they have power equipment in the U.K. too?

Been there.. just kiddin...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff
lol I suppose the large chains do but as advanced as he gets is a little meat slicer, an oven for the pies abd a vacu-sucker.He refuses to take cards of any sort.

Here is a shot from about 4 feet inside the door of the building..

Notice the sign in regards to Christmas? lol
m9vzua.jpg

We do Sams for brisket, butts and ribs. The local grocery for chicken. If we had a good local butcher I would probably try and support that.

Crud. With all the reference to Restaurant Depot, I went online to check them out. Don't have a business license as we haven't started catering....yet.:mad:

It doesn't matter what kind of business license you have, I used my Burglar Alarm License and the signed me up, I also signed the Fire Dept where I volunteer. Any other non profit organization will work. Can't wait untill they open up here next month.

Last edited:
Usually Sam's for the big three, and a local grocer for chicken. They also carry choice flats, and may have to try one this year.

Back