What's your signature

No doubt about it: guacamole. It's what I'm "known for".

For outdoor cooking, got to be the burgers. Which is my way of saying my brisket has a long, long way to go!!!

I guess my signature dish is substitute one Chicken, Beef, Pork rice chit. It is a one pot meal. Basic veggies cabbage, carrots, brocoli, onions, celery, green beans etc. Just stirfry your choice of meats and veggies add rice and broth of choice, cook and eat. Many variations. What is on hand at the time:icon_bigsmil

Mine are recipes from my mom. One is meatloaf topped with cheese and mashed potatoes. The other is called hamburger in a pea patch. It has hamburger meat, rice, gravy, peas, and fried onions in it. Yummy!

A sort of clam chowder dish, but not clam chowder. It has cream cheese in it, no potatos, and served in the clam shell. Its called Almejas Gratinadas. Made in pot then baked for a bit in the shell. Served with french toast and a nice green salad. very good.

For my son Adam Burgers

Old Pics

100_2206.jpg

100_2210.jpg

For Me Grandma's Tater Pancakes

100_2144.jpg

EDIT: By numerous requests here is the recipe.

Here is the recipe you requested:

3 potatoes
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. flour
little water if necessary

Grate potatoes; add egg, salt, pepper and flour. I have never had to add water.
Cook like pancakes on medium high heat. Grease the skillet or grill well with margarine for good browning.
Serve with pork and applesauce.

Last edited:
deep fried oreos and twinkies have become our signature when we vend. At home or for friends pulled pork burritos and Pineapple grit pie or my wifes prize winning rasberry cheesecake with white choclate truffle icing. and my drunken cajun shrimp skewers are to die for.

The chocolate covered cherry mashes I make for Christmas. Friends and family go nuts over them, so I made a batch for the Royal dessert contest. They finished about 10 spots out of last place. :(

Almost every holiday family get-together involves me doing a couple of double smoked hams, ABTs & pig candy. Of course, my family is kinda weird :rolleyes:.

I had trouble answering this when it was first posted. I didn't stop to think there was some other way to cook than on a pit.

I guess my signature dish would be potato soup. No recipe really. The only things that always go in are potatoes, milk, onions, and bacon.

My signature off of the pit would have to be brisket. It's what the family loves, and what others have told me is the best. Except for last years breakfast brisket at Princeton. Beat ya to it Papa Hogg!

Back