Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Wing

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • Leg

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Thigh

Votes: 86 58.9%

• Total voters
Wings are cheap and have taken the top spot for a snack food.

I wish I was in your part of the country! Wings are really expensive here...like $2.49/lb...that's just too pricy for mostly bones, although I do like them. I can get leg quarters for $0.49/lb on sale, and I can get them all day at $0.99/lb.

My favorite, not only because they are dark meat but because the percentage of meat to bone is easy to work with.

Wings are white meat ya silly goose. :loco:

It must be old age getting to me, but I am now a bigger fan of boneless/skinless chicken breast (lunch today was sous vide chicken breast with course pepper and course sea salt) and brisket flat compared to skinned dark meat and brisket point

Sous Vide definitely changed my opinion on previously inedible breast meat, but if we are talking grill it is thighs and deep fryer wings.

We had a break in the blizzard yesterday so I grilled up a couple racks of thighs. 11 degrees and blowing snow? That’s grillin weather for the ceramic kamado, especially when you have a fridge to restock.

Sous Vide definitely changed my opinion on previously inedible breast meat, but if we are talking grill it is thighs and deep fryer wings.

We had a break in the blizzard yesterday so I grilled up a couple racks of thighs. 11 degrees and blowing snow? That’s grillin weather for the ceramic kamado, especially when you have a fridge to restock.

Agree, Sous Vide Breast are absolutely delicious. I usually do 2 boneless skinless breast per vac bag with a couple of pats of butter and a simple SPOG seasoning, 145 degrees for 2 hours, no searing necessary.

You sir are incorrect, there is nothing cheap about a chicken arm 4 or 5 bites at $10 bucks for a dozen at the store. Even less inexpensive is when your local sports bar cuts them into even smaller pieces.
Also the poll is faulty as it does not include chicken guts, a fight ensued each chicken dinner growing up at home.
Ed

You can get a 20lb bag of frozen wings for about $20 at Costco. They come already separated too.

Came here to post this :thumb:

When I cook whole chickens then break them down into pieces, I always save the oysters for myself. It's my reward for being the one to cook then cut the chicken :becky:
I'm the same. Chicken or turkey, the oyster and that piece of muscle that goes back from the rib cage is mine right off the carving board. Also, that little sliver that lies along either side of the spine.

I second chicken skin as my favorite part. Much better than pork skin. For fried chicken, it’s thighs. For grilled chicken, it’s the wingette portion of the wing.

That's a great idea for another poll!

brethren groundhog66 (Tim) had a post on his disdain for what he called "party wings" those bags of separated and frozen pigeon wings. even had a stacking method for wings that works well.

Tim was also famous, or rather infam, for starting the "brisket unappreciation thread" this one pre dates the grapplers by several years

as for polls your making me think I need to come out of retirement. I used to be the poll ninja. i was damn good at it too, just check my past threads of you want. I had whole series of them.

maybe its time for champ to come out of retirement

Agree, Sous Vide Breast are absolutely delicious. I usually do 2 boneless skinless breast per vac bag with a couple of pats of butter and a simple SPOG seasoning, 145 degrees for 2 hours, no searing necessary.

Salt pepper garlic powder and herbs de Provence, 140 for 2 hours, no searing necessary (for skinless).

Back