Favorite and Least Favorite

I never really went to YouTube for bbq, I always come here and lurk. I have watched the Meat Church guy a little bit. And with my recent Big Green Egg purchase, I've been watching the FOGO channel. Thats more for technique and instructional purposes.

I went to go look and realized nearly all of the BBQ channels I'm subscribed to are some of the big channels that most here already know about.

Kind of ashamed of that actually. I always say that I love the tiny family owned hole-in-the-wall shack joints, yet I'm exclusively subscribed to the Dickey's BBQ of Youtube channels...

Last edited:
Best: That's easy, Mad Scientist BBQ. As most call him, "The Godfather of BBQ".

Least Favorite: Anyone not named Jeremy Yoder

How about that. Googled Jeremy Yoder and realized he has nothing to do with Yoder Smokers. Some guy named Don Cary owns it. Who knew... :noidea:

ChudsBBQ thanks to Adams! I have watched all of his videos.

If for no other reason, watch ChudsBBQ for the no trim beef cheek. A simple method for a great flavor versatile beef cut. I've slowed down on BBQ videos as have been visiting nearby historical sites. Pretty much been living the yellow tag beef/bison life and pork when on sale. Not a whole lot of imagination or techniques required. Back in the beginning I really enjoyed BBQ Pitboys. Been a few years, may revisit

#msulife

There is not a second during a Chud video, that I am not pleasantly entertained, and occasionally find something I need.
Ed

There's a bunch of channels I like, but if I had to pick one as a favorite, that would be pretty easy, Chud's. His video's are super entertaining and he gives a ton of good info.

Least favorite... not going to go there. I do have a least favorite currently, and it's because this particular channel has put out several videos lately just picking on other Youtubers and saying something along the lines of they are crap. I don't like people like that. I'm a believer that if you don't have something nice to say, then just don't say anything at all. So if I call this person out, then that seems hypocritical, so I will keep it to myself.

I watch lots of em.

Chuds
Guga(not really Q)
Mad Scientist BBQ

I have just learned to tune out or fast forward when they try to sell me gizmos I already have or don't need.

I like Malcolm Reed and Harry Soo and to a lesser extent Chud and Pitmaster X

Jirby
Chuds
Smoke Trails
Malcom
Arnie Tex
Pitmaster X

Many more

I like to learn from everybody, even people who do it totally wrong by my book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnpX1GMhzo

I won't name the ones I grow tired of most quickly, but it's always for the same reason. BBQ hubris.

Chud is probably my fave, and the kids like watching him too. Coming from a psuedo traditional Sicilian-American home, we didn't really BBQ. We grilled, but not BBQ. I didn't pick that up until my early 20's.

I feel like almost anything Chud (Bradley Robinson) puts out is geared towards the schmuck at home that has some BBQ catching up to do e.g. (Snadamo). I particularly like when he makes a meal 100% homemade, and he is entertaining. My 2 year old loves it when he does the official taste test with his dog. He laughs so hard, brings a smile to my face.

Least Fave? There's a few. but mostly i feel like the video drags on, presentation not to my liking, music, etc...

Kevin James said:
Least favorite... not going to go there. I do have a least favorite currently, and it's because this particular channel has put out several videos lately just picking on other Youtubers and saying something along the lines of they are crap. I don't like people like that. I'm a believer that if you don't have something nice to say, then just don't say anything at all. So if I call this person out, then that seems hypocritical, so I will keep it to myself.

Well shoot, not you got me all curious. I will see if I can solve the mystery on my own. I commend you for morals.

Back