What's on for the Weekend?

served 150lbs of butt and brisket, and 'bout 30 lbs chicken yesterday..cooked some "incredible baked beans" and some venigar slaw. as well.was 29 deg. here in Atlanta on fri. night. THe TExal Legend performed flawlessly of course :) all that one day after bringing my new baby girl and very tired wife home fom the hospital friday am. whew.....

Just put a turkey boob in and 3 fatties 2 maple and one regular with jalapenos and cheese stuffed. Think it is going to fall apart before it gets done. i allways over stuff em. Then making some mashed taters, peas, pumpkin pies and cranberry sauce and stuffing. (practice run for thankgiving).

Brisket anyone?

Flat and point separated and flat sliced. Anyone want to come over for a sandwich? I'm full.

Attachments

• Flat and point.JPG
    Flat and point.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Sliced.JPG
    Sliced.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
2 pounds of pulled pork from the cryo suck are about to meet my last 1/2 cup Show Me sauce, with a little bit of Evan Williams hickory sauce on the side.

turkey and pumpkin pie

here are the updated pics of the turkey and fatties and pumpkin pie. All came out great

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 70
  • turkey sliced.jpg
    turkey sliced.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 70
  • maple.jpg
    maple.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 70
  • japfatty.jpg
    japfatty.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70
  • pumpkin pie.jpg
    pumpkin pie.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 68
I just got done doing some chicken, a couple of chuck roasts, a butt and some sausages (and a London Broil on the gasser for dinner). I'm looking forward to trying out my new Foodsaver on the but and one of the chuckies. I also managed to do some painting around the house today. The only problem is, I'm whooped and I still have to clean up from all of this. The backyard, the kitchen, the upstairs hall and the hall bath are wrecked. Tools, dishes, drop cloths everywhere. Help!

Wish I could help, Kirk!

Just finished cooking a corned beef (for sandwiches this week) on the smoker along with a bunch of "shorties" and the Eye-talian meatloaf. Also had a batch of white bean, pork, and squash winter stew brewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made Jeff in KC's Smoked Beef Brisket Chilli. It is awsome. Also made Flank Steak Fahitas. All gone and very good. It's getting nippy in the North East. Doing more cooking on the gas BBQ.

OK,

Cliff

FatDaddy said:
here are the updated pics of the turkey and fatties and pumpkin pie. All came out great
---------------------------------------------------------

I'd be happy just duplicating this spread for Thanksgiving! Nice job !

beerguy said:
We had 55 hungry drunks at Brauma's "Alcohol and Mental Health Symposium" last night in Va. It was too cold for guitar pickin so the crowd ate and ate! We did 3 butts, a shoulder, a brisket, a ton of fatties and beans. Couple people brought some extra chili and a "few oysters" were grilled and fried. Looked like pictures from a Mecca bash! I fixed 4 dozen biscuits in the Bandera this morning to serve along with some fatties. It was 22 degrees and the 'dera was struggling but got awesome reviews. Only bad part was no working camera in sight, but sure had a bunch of happy campers. Mark, your bandera was showpiece!

Man, am I pissed that we got too busy to take some pics of the site setup that we had goin on this wknd. I was one proud papa of a Bandera and was all too happy to show it off. We really impressed some people with our Q and beans. There was at least 5 occasions when I pulled some guys over and opened the Dera door and the reaction was just a gaze, mouth open and wonderment. "Wow! Dude, I knew you had a smoker but I didnt know you had a smoker like that!"

Yes, a good time was had by all this wknd. But Im one tired pup today. After Beerguy left Sunday mornin we started drinking beer again and fired up the oysters again. I started making fried oyster sammiches and put Cattlemans Smoked Q sauce on it. Awesome!

Im glad to be back at work just so I can get some rest.

I had my Lang fired up this weekend - literally!! About a month ago I told a buddy that there was no way you could get a grease fire in a Lang...well I proved that wrong Saturday. I put a chimney of charcoal in the fire box and 4 medium sized sticks of "very well seasoned" oak in there to get it up to temp. Came back out of the house in about 30 minutes and noticed that the smoke was really heavy and very white. As I got closer I noticed the temp was right at 400 degrees. I opened the meat box (big mistake) to cool it down and there was a "whooish" sound and what ever grease was left over from the last contest immediately went up - scared the chit out of me!!

I got it shut down and cooled off and after an hour delay got the ribs and pork butt done for my grandson's 1st birthday!!

Had I been there watching the temp it wouldn't have happened but it shows that you can get a grease fire in anything!! Beter in my backyard with no meat in it than at a contest with it full of meat.

I smoked Sunday for the first time since Labor Day. Did a full load in the Dera: 12 lb. ham (shank), 2 racks of Dinosaur Ribs, 3 fatties, big 'ole pack of hot links, package of Slovaceks Jap. sausage, 3 turkey legs and 6 chicken legs. Everything can out perfect. Sorry no pics. Tried something new with the birds, used skinless. I was worried that they might be dry, so I cooked them in the cool spot, the top rack. Came out juicy and delicious.:-D

I had my Bandera busy all weekend

smoke dried about 30 pounds of hot peppers
smoked one whole tuna, cut into thick steaks
smoked about 75 sausage stuffed poblanos (homemade sausage, homegrown poblanos)

Nice Saturday for me. One 8lb pork butt, one green chili and asadero cheese stuffed fatty, 2 racks of baby back ribs and 1 split chicken. For the bird, I used the brine recipe from the road map, homemade rub, and finished with an Alabama style white sauce. probably the best bbq chicken I have ever had. Ribs were over-done and the pork and fatty were excellent. I will have some pron later.

MoKanMeathead said:
I had my Lang fired up this weekend - literally!! About a month ago I told a buddy that there was no way you could get a grease fire in a Lang...well I proved that wrong Saturday. I put a chimney of charcoal in the fire box and 4 medium sized sticks of "very well seasoned" oak in there to get it up to temp. Came back out of the house in about 30 minutes and noticed that the smoke was really heavy and very white. As I got closer I noticed the temp was right at 400 degrees. I opened the meat box (big mistake) to cool it down and there was a "whooish" sound and what ever grease was left over from the last contest immediately went up - scared the chit out of me!!

I got it shut down and cooled off and after an hour delay got the ribs and pork butt done for my grandson's 1st birthday!!

Had I been there watching the temp it wouldn't have happened but it shows that you can get a grease fire in anything!! Beter in my backyard with no meat in it than at a contest with it full of meat.

Well, Ben swears you can grill steaks on the 84 -- guess you now know it WILL get hot enough!! 400 degrees shouldn't phase the cooker and now you've got all the "stuff" burned off.

Glad no meat was sacrificed!

chad said:
Well, Ben swears you can grill steaks on the 84 -- guess you now know it WILL get hot enough!! 400 degrees shouldn't phase the cooker and now you've got all the "stuff" burned off.

Glad no meat was sacrificed!

Yea - its nice and clean now:-D I woulnd't recommend grilling steaks - I don't care what Mr. Lang says.

Grease fires are no fun! Good thing that no one was hurt.

We ended up busy with chores on Sunday so I didn't cook. I have my new (to me) WSM chugging along wight now with wome country style spares a nd a fatty in it. So far, it's holding temp great!

Back