Whats for dinner?

Wednesday night is family night for us, and I tend to BBQ. Tonight I made chicken thighs (boneless). Plain for the kids, basted with a Tai peanut sauce for the grown ups and I threw in a chicken, jalepeno, bacon and cheese roll-up for a treat for me. Everyone enjoyed their meals, then we carved pumpkins.

Gooey Casserole
1 lb ground beef
mushrooms, onions, green peppers - diced and sauted
1 can cream -o- mushroom soup
elbow macs
Ketchup
Mozzarella cheese

Brown beef, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Cook macs, add all ingredients and throw it in the oven till all is warm and the cheese is melted.

Doesn't sound good but it is something my mom could get us all to eat when I was a kid - still like making it - comfort food...

Frito Pie 101

a recipe rather than a review would be better :wink:

Here's the basics that I use; lot's of variiations limited only by one's imagination.:lol:

whatchuneed:
1 large bag Fritos
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 16 oz can of chili (no beans) or 1lb ofany leftover homemade chili
1 lb Velveeta cheese
1 pg Grated cheese (eg Cheddar or Jack)

watchudo:
preheat oven to 350.
Dice up cheese and melt in non stick saucepan, add can of rotel, stir.
heat up chili in separate saucepan.
spray 8x8 cassarole dish with pam
Layer half the bag of Fritos in dish
cover with layer of velveeta/rotel (leftover is great dip)
cover with layer of chili (use about 1/2)
add the rest of the fritos
add the rest of the chili
cover with the sprinked layer of grated cheese
bake for about 1/2 hour until bubbly

Other variations include chopped onions, jalepenos etc. etc.

Haven't tried it right in the bag in about 30 years or so; not sure the packaging today would hold up like it used to.

It's all good, any way you make it.:wink:

a recipe rather than a review would be better :wink:

Open a small bag of Fritos down the side. Pour in chili, canned or your own. Add chopped onion, grated SHARP cheddar, and sliced jalapeno. Repeat as needed.

Frito pie season opens in Texas on the first cold Friday night in Texas at the local high school football stadium.

Tonight is chili night at my house. Fritos are definitely the order of the day, since the wife is a Communist and doesn't like cornbread with her chili. Chili over cornbread = yummy goodness! :biggrin:

Tonight I am trying stuffed pork chops. Got a pakage of thick ones from Costco and split them into 1 thick, 1 normal. I took 3 thick ones and slit a cavity and stuffed with box stuffing. Gonna slw grill them inderect heat.

Back