THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I have been a beer drinker most of my adult life, but over the last few years it has caused tummy aches and such during the middle of the night. I finally decided it wasn't worth it so I started trying other adult beverages while celebrating with family and friends.

For now I think I have decided on white wine as my social drink of choice. So far I have no ill affects and find I enjoy the flavor of Pinot Grigios, in particular this one:

ESXPfUZl.png

Do any of you experts have suggestions on any other white vino I might enjoy. Thanks and I raise my glass to you this holiday season!

I have been a beer drinker most of my adult life, but over the last few years it has caused tummy aches and such during the middle of the night. I finally decided it wasn't worth it so I started trying other adult beverages while celebrating with family and friends.

For now I think I have decided on white wine as my social drink of choice. So far I have no ill affects and find I enjoy the flavor of Pinot Grigios, in particular this one:

ESXPfUZl.png

Do any of you experts have suggestions on any other white vino I might enjoy. Thanks and I raise my glass to you this holiday season!

I would recommend looking to see if any local wine shops have wine tastings. The one here has a tasting every Thursday and its a great way to try new wines.

It also could be the beer. I have a similar problem when drinking things like Bud and PBR. A good beer takes longer to drink, sipping to appreciate the flavor, as apposed to drinking something to wash down food. I drink water with food, wine and beer when my palate is clear.

My wife is a fan of Barefoot Pinot Grigio. I will occasionally join her, and I have no idea how a good wine is supposed to taste, but it is good to me.

Asking for a good wine is like asking for a length of string. How much do you want to spend? I'd suggest that you find a small wine shop where a knowledgeable owner or salesperson can get to know you and help you explore your preferences, including price points.

I'm a red wine guy. When I walk through my wine shop door the owner (it's a solo business) greets me by name and asks what I want. The answer is almost always "The usual." That's a mixed case of big reds with a bias towards tannins, selected from today's inventory to suit my price range.

One thing you might explore is chardonnays. There is a huge variety, some with oak aging ("oaked") and some un-oaked. Price range from rotgut to infinity from vinyards all over the world. These are generally quite dry. If you like a little sweeter, explore the reislings. Price range from abundant rotgut to quite premium wines, mostly from Germany.

My wife and I also have digestive issues and we really like Summit Estates Riesling. It has a bold, fruity flavor and never bitter. It’s very smooth and lite.

My wife drinks about two ounces of alcohol per year. Usually NyQuil in February. When I drink wine I’m a 1-2 glass and done. On the rare occasion I skip and drink 4-5 I pay for it with headache So the box works great for me. I’ve a fly fishing friend that tells me every night he and his wife split a bottle of wine. Then she nurses 1 Miller Lite and him 1 Scotch.

I’ve got quite a few bottles of wine, but if I opened them half would ruin each time. Box works for me

If you have the ability to appreciate a good wine, that's one thing. My wife used to run a wine store, and is trained as to the nuances of a good wine. She, with my support, buys a good wine for herself, and something cheap for me. I've sampled both side by side and agree with her-they taste the same.
I prefer red wine, and buy the sweet red from a Michigan winery. It's on sale right now for $6.99, I need to restock.

0008497000120_0_A1C1_0600.png

I Googled, Montana has it's own wineries.
https://www.google.com/search?clien....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i67j0i131.Gk95LyszOw0
Then there is the kangaroo piss from Australia that you can find in most grocery stores.:becky:

That's the way it's supposed to work. Price tag ,brand etc. is all secondary to what tastes good to you.

I'll second that. I've drank some expensive highly rated wines that I thought were not very good. (I didn't buy them) The thing I like to do is find cheap wines that taste good to me. If you like it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Back