What's a fair price for 26" weber kettle?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I got one for sell in excellent condition. I don't ever use it. I use my 22.5" and smokey joe. Looking to sell it on Facebook Marketplace and jsut wondering what I should try listing it for.

Should I try listing it for $175? Does that seem fair? New on Amazon it's $399.. with sales tax that's like $435 here in Oklahoma.

My grill is in as good as new condition, in my book. Functionally that is. Propeller isn't corroded or bent. No chips in ceramic paint. Paint is dulled a bit here and there i guess.. it doesn't look shiny new but still pretty. Grates are in great condition. The collection bowl or whatever you call it, is good too. Wheels are good. Handles aren't faded or cracked from sun damage.

You want at least half the price of new, and used 26's are so rare to come up for sale, you can get far more than that.

I would not let mine go for under $300 .

Personally, I would let it sit on Facebook at $300 and see what bites you get as the weather warms up. I know I would let mine go for less than $300 if I had a choice. $250 for a clean one seems low to me.

Too bad I'm not headed to Fort Smith (live in East Texas) anytime soon. Any reason to go to OKC anytime soon? My buddy could use one at the right price.

I'm confused on why you keep including state sales tax figures on your price.
I don't believe that is the norm for human to human online purchases, unless you think the Gov'ment is watching you through this forum.
Ed

I'm confused on why you keep including state sales tax figures on your price.
I don't believe that is the norm for human to human online purchases, unless you think the Gov'ment is watching you through this forum.
Ed

Well, what I do when figuring half the cost of new, is include the sales tax a purchaser would have to pay if they buy new. Then take half of that number.

I'd be all over this if I wasn't broke as hell right now. More important... Do you still head down into DFW regularly? Bowfunter is not too far down 75 once you pass the OK/TX border (spending other people's money is the best, LOL).

I'd be all over this if I wasn't broke as hell right now. More important... Do you still head down into DFW regularly? Bowfunter is not too far down 75 once you pass the OK/TX border (spending other people's money is the best, LOL).

Yeah, hey, thanks a lot :loco:
I almost said I’d meet in Durant as it was.

Edit…However, I’m only 3 miles off of 75 if you do.

Last edited:
Back