Whatcha cookin for dinner on Christmas Day?

8 lb Prime Rib Roast, Au Gratin Potatoes, Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts and a bottle of Richard Childress Trio Wine. Who knows what will be for dessert my parents are bringing the dessert.

The theme this year is Chuckies! We have to travel and since something like a chuckie is forgiving to reheating in some broth in the crock pot I will be able to make it all up Sunday and then warm it back up on Mon/Tues. (not ideal but better than the dry ham we would be having otherwise) I would like to do a standing rib roast (they are on sale right now) but one, I've never done one so it's not the time to experiment and two I have no idea how well it would transport/keep/re-heat. Probably going to go grab one or two (maybe q them up for New Year's for me! :-D )

Christmas Eve with the in-laws - making about 6 pounds of chuck roast and maybe a few fatties...other than my food it's usually store bought chicken and some other random items. Good amount of drinking involved to survive the chaos!

Christmas Day w/ my mom's family - more chuckie (probably only about 3 lbs) going real basic with these as this family doesn't go crazy with spices and flavors. Usually a ton of food here. Mom makes killer deserts (candy, cookies, and cheesecakes) Grandma makes a turkey (which she usually dries out...but it's Grandma so we just add a little extra gravy and shut up...unless you want to get knocked in the head :boxing:No booze at this one :sad: (this is the civilized family that doesn't drink...but they are still a good time suprisingly lol)

Saturday after Christmas - about 10-12 lbs of pepperoncini chuckie. More good food at this one...homemade pierogi and polish sausage & sauerkraut, more of mom's deserts. Usually break out some 'Jez'ynowka (black berry brandy) at this one. Cousins husband brings some home-brews...this one is by far the best from a food standpoint!

I am gonna deep fry a whole turkey. Dont worry fellow BBQers cuz New Years Day I am doing all BBQ. Gonna do a ham and beer can chickens

Happy Holidays

I've got a prime rib waiting for me at the butcher. I'm going to do some kind of surf to go with the turf - probably either lobster tails or shrimp of some kind. I've yet to figure out sides or dessert.

We have a big Family and Friends Throwdown planned for Christmas day at our house. BIL and I have been in competition for years on BBQ and and other otdoor cookin'.

BIL just got a Weber 26" OTS Gold. He will be doing a prime rib roast. I'll be doing an oil-less Cajun fried turkey. My company will supply a smoked spiral cut bone in ham. THEN the Women folks get to baking and cookin' and such.

It's quite a feast! Then Football!

Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!

Our family started 2 yrs ago cooking Prime Rib. Everyone loves it and I get the kids to help add the rub and with cooking it. Great time for the whole family.

Looks like I am going to try my first crown pork roast. It will be a large one, as we will have nearly 20 people. I'll wait until I see it before I decide which grill, but I'm thinking I'll use the Ranch. There will be either a turkey or turkey breast on another kettle. I'm a bit nervous about the pork, but only a little. It'll turn out great ;-)
A local grocery chain has the bone-in loins on sale, but not "crown" roasts. Therefore I plan to buy a couple of the roasts, french the bones and cut as needed to make the crown myself. Working on a wild rice, sausage and apple stuffing for the crown. As usual, I'll probably forget to take pics, but if I remember, I'll bring them here!

I will be home alone for Christmas.

So....I am going to have Christmas lunch with my MIL at the Nursing Home.
She will hardly know I am there or what Christmas is, but I won't have to cook or do dishes and their food is not bad at all 8)

Merry Christmas all!

TIM

Good for you. A lot of people do not go see people and then say " They would'nt know who I was any how". I always make time to go see my mom & Christmas I'll be there to see her. It's not about her knowing who I am, it's about me knowing who she is!

I hoping steaks, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts. Granddad just put half a beef in the freezer, been hanging for 2 weeks...can't wait!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We'll be having a couple New York strip roasts, salmon, jumbo tiger prawn cocktails and a bunch of other sides I won't probably even get to once I stuff my face with the first three... :tsk:

I wanted a Mexican stew called pozole but my mother said no I want you to smoke a ham on your smoker!!!! I love my mom :)

Rib-eye roast. 4 boner(?) Slow cook at 220 for 2 hours then kick it to 240 till about 125 or so. Can't wait!!

Hot snot n booger puddin!:twitch:

My side,Xmas eve,beeeff t.loin and the standard sides

Momeo's side,Xmas day,traditional.Smokin a ham for them(EZ Cut).Her sis does the turkey/dressing thang.multiple sides and desserts

No libations during,but after,it iz ON!:clap2:

Heading to the Italian side of the family's Christmas Eve so I will eat enough food in one night for the rest of my week. Last year it was 3 different kinds of pasta, a small ham, home made Italian bread :)becky:), with random sides.

Christmas Day at the family friend's house I'm gonna be grilling up some pork streaks. STL style of course, which basically consists of grilling up the steaks, then half way through slather a full bottle's worth of Maul's Original on em to get em nice and sticky. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it..... :laugh:

Im making slow cooked Italian Beef in the crock pot for Christmas Eve,and then smoked chicken wings or STL style ribs and ABT's or stuffed fatties for Christmas day.

Im still kinda undecided about Christmas day..................But ive narrowed it down.lol

No que involved but will be doing our the traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner -Feast of the Seven Fishes

Crab Asparagus Bisque
Fried Calamari
Crab Ragoons
Clams Oregineta
Shrimp Cocktail
Anchovies Stuffed Fried Olives
Cod Almandine
Shrimp Fri Diablo
Braised Broccoli
Stuffed Calamari
Shrimp & Scallops in Arugula Pesto w/Spaghetti

Cooking twice. First cook will be a whole Angus tenderloin. Next cook will be a choice brisket and a spiral cut ham. :)

Back