THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was going to bring in a crock pot of Chili and another full or sweet sticky wings BUT those two crocks PAT test were out of date... I brought a veggie platter and cold mini brisket sandwiches insted.

I was going to bring in a crock pot of Chili and another full or sweet sticky wings BUT those two crocks PAT test were out of date... I brought a veggie platter and cold mini brisket sandwiches insted.

I had to google the PAT test. On a crock pot? Really? :roll:

I had to google the PAT test. On a crock pot? Really? :roll:
Ya any, all and everything if you take on to any site needs this testing done. All my electrical catering equipment is PAT tested once a year. It's not expensive an on average it's 2.00 per item but the thing is I don't think to have other household goods tested regularly. The company I woulk for is very understanding and I can see where they are coming from, i just can't be asked to go have it done only to give away food.

I wonder how many Crock O pots from the 50's and 60 that are still around that wont qualify that people still use?

I just did a whole ham for my wife's office party. I smoked it for 8 hrs. on Sunday, she heated it up and glazed it for her party on Tuesday. I then took the leftovers, sliced them up and served them cold today at my party. Still tasted great. I prefer ham cold anyway. This was far easier than the guy that cooked a pork butt for 15 hrs. and was dry (go figure) or the guy that tried to cook a brisket in 5 hrs and was still chewy.

Back