THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick, little to no prep pot luck dish I like.
1. couple of packages of Little Smokies
2. 1 med size jar catsup or ketchup
3. half jar concord grape jelly
4. 1 can beer de jour
5. 1/4 cup wooshter
6. 1tbs black peper
7. 2 tbs minced garlic
3. 2 tbs sugar
4. half chopped onion

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Smoke at 275 until sauce thickens and becomes sticky.

Not difficult, not that impressive but I always go home with an empty dish.

This is a fan favorite at my house. This is a recipe my mom picked up while we were living in Hawaii.
Shoyou Chicken

10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbls seasame oil
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic powder

cook in crock pot until very tender.

At home I just serve it with rice. Sooooooo easy, and soooooo good.

x2 for the pulled/shredded chicken with wing sauce.

I took a small bag of frozen chicken breasts (3#) and put 'em in the crock pot with a bottle of pumpkin ale when I went to bed and let 'em cook on low overnight.

In the morning I mixed in a bottle of Frank's, a stick of butter, 2T worcestershire, 2T of my rib rub and a couple dashes of liquid smoke.

Brought home a clean crock.

I participate in about ten pot-lucks a year, and I have learned the hard way to make it meat, or you'll have to bring it home.

CD

Oh, oh! An idea. If it is a breakfast thing, smoke a butt, pull it, and bake some pulled pork kolaches. There is a place near me called Kolache Heaven that makes these, and they are farking awesome!

CD

You can't go wrong w/ finger foods (moinks, ABTs, wings, etc). I'd go w/ some smoked spicy wings and some sweet wings for those that don't like it hot... Good luck and watch out for the "Freddies".

Gracias,
JT

In the past I have done! We have about 60 employees in our area

VAT o Cheese
MOINKS
Fatties
Breakfast Casserole 3 different times
Dump cake x 2
Pulled pork many times
Sliced brisket

Something different and easy. Seems I dont have alot of time to prepare.

Pig candy.
Dave

Well crappy lighting at work but it is a hit! Apple Smoked Chicken pieces with choice of sauces....

DSC00001-7.jpg

Back