What meal do you LOVE to cook??

Im lucky, my favoriote thing to cook, is also my favorite thing to eat...

Pizza... i can spend an entire evening banging out one pie after another putting it in a pizza box with a BBQ Brethren Sticker on it and send them out to the neighbors one at a time.

and after that, its dinosaur bones.. full plate ribs.. only so I can make this for lunch. :)

dinobone-sammie_bxuj.jpg

Well, I can't just come up with one.

I love cooking the meal for my and my wife's anniversary, and I love cooking the meals for my kid's birthdays.

A turkey on one kettle, hot dogs and burgers on the other kettle, and a big green salad. Mix that with friends coming over with a dish to pass and BYOB and it's a great day.

My niece and nephew (now 13 and 11) have been a part of my BBQ obsession since it started several years ago. They love it one I cook for them, but their favorite is ribs and mac n cheese (made from scratch). They call them my "world-famous ribs". The look on their faces when they're eating is priceless. I try to give them a little bit of BBQ/cooking education whenever they visit, too.

Last summer, I made brisket for them for them first time, and a few months later my nephew stopped what he was saying, and officially thanked me for introducing him to brisket!

I love cooking but my favorite thing to make is my mom's gumbo. The recipe isn't written down, I make it how she taught me.

It brings back good memories for me. My mom was a sweet, kind lady and great cook. :)

I'm with Cowgirl, my mom's seafood gumbo. Best i've ever had (and i've had plenty ..lol) Nothing is written down, it's all from memory. She can cook cardboard and make it delicious. Next to that would probably be cooking up piles of country style ribs. They are just so easy and everyone, including all the little kids, just love 'em.

Oh, and hi, btw. New to the forum from San Antonio.

Cheers,
Jason

Baby Back Ribs - my absolute fav. to make.

My own ribs are my #1 food in the world, and that makes a good amount of the reasoning, but I like that there are steps, maintenance and a careful process involved, and that unlike a burger or pasta or something, it can't be replicated by somebody with a recipe and taste like mine.

Oh, and it's fun to share.

Back