What is wrong with this picture ???

trailer038.jpg

After looking again, it appears that the whole back third can be opened up above waist level on all three sides. It's odd that the doors on the rear left AND the back don't open fully without the top panels levered up.

Unfortunately, the drawing is not that clear. I drove 1500 miles round trip to see my unit three times while under construction, and each time there were at least two things that needed to be addressed.

The first time, when it was framed, the main entry was too narrow and I have a short door under a concession window (like you have) that they had a fixed rail over so that to exit it, you would have to crawl under it (They said they thought it was a strange idea, as well! lol).

I am kinda surprised these builders do not require an inspection when it is framed up to avoid these situations. Many times what we intend and how our drawings are interpreted are quite different.

Unfortunately, the drawing is not that clear. I drove 1500 miles round trip to see my unit three times while under construction, and each time there were at least two things that needed to be addressed.

The first time, when it was framed, the main entry was too narrow and I have a short door under a concession window (like you have) that they had a fixed rail over so that to exit it, you would have to crawl under it (They said they thought it was a strange idea, as well! lol).

I am kinda surprised these builders do not require an inspection when it is framed up to avoid these situations. Many times what we intend and how our drawings are interpreted are quite different.

The concession window is on the right side, not the left. There is no door under the concession window/serving window.

The concession window is on the right side, not the left. There is no door under the concession window/serving window.

Yeah, just sharing a similar experience. You still have a nice unit, but the miscommunication is unfortunate. What does the builder say?

On the V-nose, that door is just a service door, you can't access the trailer from it?

Yeah, just sharing a similar experience. You still have a nice unit, but the miscommunication is unfortunate. What does the builder say?

On the V-nose, that door is just a service door, you can't access the trailer from it?

I know Fooskey, and I appreciate your comment. I do not want to seem abrupt. And no, you can not enter the trailer from it. I am going to use you guys comments as to whether I should file a lawsuit or not. Trying to see what a jury would think.

I think if I was a jury member, the big question would be why you accepted it? Were you given opportunities to see it during construction? Did they have all your money at that point? What is the builder saying to you?

You hope you are dealing with someone who will do the right thing without it getting to that point, because no one wins when these things go to court.

A jury would hear both sides of the story

we only have a partial version of one side of the story, in bits and peices

lay it all out. if you want help.

He said no, it was right, and that they build all the trailers like mine. Which I knew was a lie. Because the drawing did not have a side view, I had printed a pic of the second trailer when I ordered it, but did not have it with me to prove he was lying.

are these changes spelled out in your contract or purchase agreement?

thats what a judge will want to know

There were no changes. It is a custom built trailer. The front half was to be like the first trailer and the back half was to be enclosed like the second trailer. The drawing shows the door opening and says nothing about it being a half door. No where on the drawing does it say it is half door. Had he noted it would be a half door, I would have told him it needed to be just like the second trailer with the full door. The salesman made a mistake by putting in a flip up door all the way across, instead of partial way across like the second trailer shows in the pictures.

I think if I was a jury member, the big question would be why you accepted it? Were you given opportunities to see it during construction? Did they have all your money at that point? What is the builder saying to you?

You hope you are dealing with someone who will do the right thing without it getting to that point, because no one wins when these things go to court.[/QUOT

Had I not accepted it, they would have kept my $4000.00 deposit. The dealer, not the builder, said it is my problem. I told them I would pay for the repair, if they would pay for the door. They said no. So I am buying the full door and materials to repair it through Freedom Trailers, the manufacture of the trailer, and having it repaired the way it was supposed to be built.

There were no changes. It is a custom built trailer. The front half was to be like the first trailer and the back half was to be enclosed like the second trailer. The drawing shows the door opening and says nothing about it being a half door. No where on the drawing does it say it is half door. Had he noted it would be a half door, I would have told him it needed to be just like the second trailer with the full door. The salesman made a mistake by putting in a flip up door all the way across, instead of partial way across like the second trailer shows in the pictures.

ok so there was no changes. Do you have a purchase agreement or contract showing the configuration of the trailer?

sounds like there was no meeting of the minds and the guy built it how he thought you wanted it

Back