What is the Best Store Bought Brisket Rub?

Like Tim I like Kevin's Homebbq.com rub. I used Myron Mixon's Jack's Old South rub for quite a while...it is a good all around rub.

the folks at Dizzy Pig (Chris) swear by their "Cow Lick" (http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/HTMLrubs/cowlick.html). I was gonna use the "Cow Lick" but can't find it any where locally. Guess I'll have to order in on line and try it on my next one.

JD
If you didn't live all the way up there in Washington, you could probably ordedr it tonight or in the morning and have it by Friday. They get their stuff out fast. :cool:

This So. Cali. has a So. Cali. perspective. So, that being the case, I like the kick in the ass of Bayou Magic. I wish you Bro's would give it a try. I would use it in a measured way depending on the cut o critter I'm putting on because I want to be consious of saltyness. I will put less on lets say ribs then I would on a dense whole meat roast like brisket or tri-tip. I will apply the Magic and then address the savor with some brown sugar. It works as well on chicken.

PS. Don't like it so much that you screw with my supply line!

Last edited:
My vote goes to HomeBBQ.Com also. His rubs are what got my wife to liking BBQ. Prior to that, she just didn't get it.

Back