What IS it with me and meat markets??

I think that I'd find a new meat market. The chuck and the brisket are two totally different cuts from two totally different parts of the cow and should not be listed on the same label. The price looks more like the price of a chuck roast and not a whole packer brisket to me. And that "brisket" looked to thick to be only 7 1/2 lbs. That looked more like a 7 1/2 lb chuck roast to me. But with out seeing it out of the package, it's hard to tell.

Well the person that labeled that must be bipolar the way it reads.

As to the price I know I can find "Select" at lower prices but for me here in Houston a "choice" brisket will cost me about the same $3.99/pound.

As for the rub, don't get me wrong I like the Simply Marvelous rubs, it's just that I don't like a sweet rub on my brisket. If you do use one I would agree that the Season All would be the one to choose for a brisket.

Good luck with your cook I'd like to see pictures and read your comments about the results of the cook.

Greetings Fellow Connecticuter,

Stop n Shop is not the place to buy a packer brisket...

Restaurant Depot or a local meat wholesaler is a better bet... a packer should be 16 to 18 lbs...

I live in Ridgefield and we have a tier 8 Stop n Shop...the most expensive because we are next to Westchester Co. , NY....no bargains to be found on brisket here and not the cut you need...

Your local IGA, Restaurant Depot or local meat wholesaler is a better bet...make a connection with the butcher and give him some Q and you will get the cut you need...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Agree with this!

Stop and Shop is only good for stuff like chicken.

Our in-town IGA can get quality meat but is $$$...a local butcher one town over can also get great meats. Great brisket will be $3.50-4.00.

No real bargain, but you can count on the quality at least, and get a packer brisket no problem. All I see at Stop and Shop and Stew Leonards are first cut flats of marginal quality.

You can get packers cheaper at wally world but I think they are select

BJ's in Waterford has flats which I think were going for $2.99 lb last time I was there

The closest Rest. Depot is either in Hartford or Cranston, RI. Cranston is probably closer to you

Good luck with your cook

That label looks exactly like the label on meat I bought today from Winn Dixie. "Card savings $2.xx"
I hate Winn Dixie. Damn meat is HIGH. They had a 5# flat for $25. I laughed and walked away. Then I saw ground chuck for $4/lb.......I just shook my head and started cussing.

In the recent years.......gas and groceries have tripled! Question is..... why hasn't my salary?

Back