What happened last weekend in McMinnville, TN that warrants a special KCBS BOD meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

This thread is a discussion of the events at the McMinnville, TN competition and the subsequent actions by the board. If there are issues with other competitions or specific individuals that should be brought to the attention of the KCBS Board, then please follow their process for getting them involved. There is no need to bash individuals or the board on this forum. Stick to the topic of this thread. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.

Didn't you read the post above you?

This issue holds a lot of anger on both sides it seems. Sorry to see something like this happen to a sport I have admired for years. I don't compete so I wouldn't begin to take sides here. Just seems that you guys are mostly friends and you are letting the actions of one man or just a few tear you apart.

Mod Note:

This thread is a discussion of the events at the McMinnville, TN competition and the subsequent actions by the board. If there are issues with other competitions or specific individuals that should be brought to the attention of the KCBS Board, then please follow their process for getting them involved. There is no need to bash individuals or the board on this forum. Stick to the topic of this thread. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.

Was something not clear about this?

This topic has run it''s course. DMP has done the right thing by going public with his team's involvement and has publicly accepted responsibility for his team mate's actions. Unless someone has something constructive to add to the discussion I am going to closed the thread and we can all go back to discussing BBQ.

Mod Note:

Was something not clear about this?

This topic has run it''s course. DMP has done the right thing by going public with his team's involvement and has publicly accepted responsibility for his team mate's actions. Unless someone has something constructive to add to the discussion I am going to closed the thread and we can all go back to discussing BBQ.
:shock::doh:

You have warned several times. I too have the power to close this thread and I promise you I will do it!!!

Please stop the allegations and name calling NOW!

Actually, I mis-interpeted the apron because I did not believe that anyone in their right mind would wear such a thing in public unless they were drunk, blitzed or zoned.

Second, of the 11 people voting (the president only votes in case of a tie and we don't know her position on this vote), two abstained, two voted no and seven votes yes. A supermajority is normally defined as 2/3rd of thoes voting. If we count the abstentions, then 7.333 votes are needed to be a supermajority, if we don't, then only six would be needed to have a supermajority. Either way a lot of the people that we elected, made their desires known.

Or Zoned,
I for one dont know too many people that aren't Zoned at the contests. After getting up early and leaving Friday. Then cooking all night long and waiting 4-5 hrs after the last turn in for awards, along with all the adrenalin of the competition. Everyone is beat, exhausted, and in some situations incapable of rashional thoughts. Thats b-4 you throw in a couple of cold ones. It still dont excuse the behavior. Butt........

I'm not going to go back and look at exactly what I wrote, but what I believe I said was that I did not walk to awards with my teammate, nor did I sit at awards with him. Awards started early, and he left for them before me. By the time I got there he was at a table without room and I sat at a different table. I was not with him when he accepted the award.

dmp

i wasn't questioning you.

enjoy your vacation, this'll all still be here when you get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back