THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, now that I think about it, I actually prefer my PP just on a plate, sauced. I like to eat it with a fork. The bread usually gets in the way for me.

BUT.....when I DO put it on a sammie....my favorite topper is either dill pickles, onion and sauce or coleslaw. Any coleslaw. I usually do a mustard vinegar slaw at home though.

Never tried cheese or mayo (good idea Phubar!:thumb:), though I'm a big fan of both. Have to try.

Take a baked potato and cut her open, then add plenty of pulled pork, shredded cheddar, a few chopped onions, and broil. Drizzle some sauce on the top and maybe some sour cream on the side and man is it a great "snack!"

Last edited:
I have to echo what everyone else has said PP, Slaw, Trappey's Sweetn' Hot jalapenos and some mustard or vinager sauce. I have been wanting to make some dense cornbread and use that as rolls (still trying to figure out how to do that with out them falling apart)

Jason, I know the post is old but I joined the forum for no other reason than to say thank you for asking this question.

I Smoked a pork shoulder for 3 hours @70°C | 160°F then put it in the sous-vide @ 74°C | 165°F for another 24 hours and ended up with some AMAZING pulled pork.

After having suffered the fact that you cannot get good BBQ sauce in the stores in the UK, I wrote a couple of BBQ competitors in the US and got their sauce recipes, combined them, edited them to be more suitable for the groceries I can get here an viola! Great BBQ sauce to go with it.

I then made my coleslaw based on my Great Granny's recipe that I remember having in Wyoming growing up.

It definitely made great sandwiches, sliders over an over again.

So successful, I did it again.

I didn't think it was likely that I would need to find another way to enjoy the pulled pork but after countless BBQ Slawed Sliders, it was time to venture out, that's when I came across your gem and here are my 2 cents after a few trials and tribulations.

Successes:
- Omelette with pulled pork and gouda cheese and fresh jalapeños (I have never found real Pepperjack cheese in the UK)
- Tacos and burritos with pulled pork and green chilli
- Huevos Rancheros with Pulled Pork (this one is going to be a regular at the house)
- Rather than BBQ sauce and coleslaw it was awfully good with fresh Mojo sauce and melted cheese (even better the next time when I added a few slices of crispy bacon)

None the less, thanks again for asking the question

Mac n Cheese and grilled sausage. Do you do IG? Search Mac N Cheese and look at those sandwiches

I serve a sandwich on my food trailer called the "Frisky Pig". It's a big pulled pork sandwich with Chipotle Ranch, Chili Cheese Fritos,topped with Queso Blanco served on a Split Top Hawaiian Bun. It's been pretty popular so far. We have some die-hards that will show up pretty much every weekend just to order that sandwich. :)

Usually it's either red slaw or coleslaw with a homemade Smokehouse sauce on a white bun. But sometimes I like to put homemade kimchi on instead of slaw.

1. Slaw
2. Pickle and onion
3. Slaw, onion and maybe a small squirt of some thin sauce
4. (this is my favorite, because I don't always like bread with it) Under the pork, a baked potato, then cheese, some sour cream, then pork, then onion, some spicy and/or vinegar sauce, hotsauce, and some slaw on top

Last edited:
Pulled pork is so versital! Have had leftover success in:

Tacos/enchiladas/toquitos/nachos/queso - really any Mexican dish
Pizza - Hawaiian w pulled pork, mmmmm
W eggs - omlettes/hash
On burger!
In stuffed peppers

As for original question - pickled anything + slaw + BBQ sauce of your choice.

Leftover pulled pork is great on nachos (with regular nachos fix'ins).

Burrito with cheese in it is good, so easy in the toaster oven for a single serving.

Top a bowl of pintos with it, of course cornbread too.

Back