What do you like about your outdoor cooker

I really like my new Weber Performer, And I like my new WSM. Then again, My Pro Q works really good.

But my go to girl is my New Braunfels Bandera. Fun to cook with, makes you think about what you're doing, and makes the best darn Q I have ever had. Of course, I made the Q. :becky::becky:

I like em all.
But It's the cook, not the cooker.

Thanks everyone so far for the great input. :clap2: My thinking is when I go shopping for my next smoker what should I be considering. :confused: But really it does boil down to ( or should I say "smoke down to" ) what Mitch said. :thumb::thumb:

I'm sure that I left something off...
Um, that would be your TOE.

I love my kettle for it's versatility and ease of use. I just bought a Smokey Joe but have not cooked with it yet. I still love my GOSM even if I only use it for cold smoking when the temps finally go down.

I like the smoker I built from scratch, (see avatar) and we get lot of compliments and laughs from it. I have drug it out just to cook 2 steaks on it and left my 2 webers set idle. I'm gettin the urge to build a UDS, just because.

Um, that would be your TOE.

:laugh::tsk:

Love 'em all for various reasons, which is why (to my wife's dismay) I can't get RID of any of them......:roll:

Love my OTS because it's versatile and portable. It was the very first charcoal cooker I ever had and where I first started 'Q'in. I've cooked about everything on that black beauty and will STILL shock the hell out of everyone within "smokesmell" at a camping trip.

Love the Performer because it's a "suped up" version of the OTS. It's got "benefits" and lots of handy extras. Perfect back yard grill, IMHO.

The ECB is still rock solid for HOURS to this day. It doesn't take up much room in the bed of the truck either, for camping. Always a willing standby for 2 more butts or hams, etc.

The UDS.....how can you NOT love a UDS?? Larger capacity, efficient, and it's stainless steel!!!

And by personal "big dog"....the new OK Joe Upright. The new kid on the block. Stick burner for sure. Pure all wood fired BBQ cooker with the most capacity of anything I cook. I truly love the "art" of fire control and knowing I'm cooking with total, pure wood smoke.

And now for the NEXT one.......:heh::twisted:

Love my kettles. Especially my OTG. Since coming to this site and doing all the cooking I've done on it I can do anything in that kettle. It's easy to use doesn't take alot of charcoal and it produces awesome food time after time. Love it.

Love them all! The Klose for it's versatility, the WSM for it's long cooks, portability, and fuel freindliness. The Weber kettles are just the best damn grills going... nuff said. :thumb:

Right now, all my other grills and smokers are jealous of my UDS. It gets all my love right now. Every once in a while I fire up the gasser to do a quick grill for dinner on a busy night, or to do a quick sear.

That being said, I'm making a second UDS with an adjustable fire basket that will double as a direct grill too. Once that's done, I'll probably just use the gasser to start my charcoal... :heh:

I have Stumps baby. Its the first smoker I have had since owning one of the old Brinkman bullet types.
1: its so easy.
2: uses so little charcoal
3: no need for a water pan

I like them all for different reasons, or purpose. Right now, I'm doing ribs on the UDS, regularly.
I use my homemade electric when the kings are running because of its large capacity. My 30 or so year old WSM does my chicken and butts. The pro Q goes from smoker to grill frequently. The gasserrrr, well, you know.

Primo Oval XL - grill, bake, roast, sear - it can do most anything. Very fuel efficient and outside weather has no effect on it.

WSM - portable, light, cooks good

LBE - my new pizza cooking machine - enough said!

Stickburner - not sure which one yet, but I am going back to sticks! Nothing beats the flavor of a 100% wood fired cooker!

Like my ECB just cause it's all I got for now and I can get good ribs and pork loin off it.

i like that i built mine myself, and it's big, and ugly, and it munches down on some fuel it's me in smoker form
40671_417680547758_578407758_4842484_8279551_n.jpg

I have a Weber kettle which is a great grill and a WSM thats the one that realy got me going on smoking. I just got a Klose backyard smoker, I have had it only a short time.So Im still learning . However in MHO the WSM is a great smoker to learn on and is very easy to use and well made

I love my Eggs because of their extreme utility (smoker, grill, ceramic oven) and I use them about 5 days a week. They inspire me to keep cooking outside.

DSC_0479800x600.jpg

But I still love my old Brinkmann SnP since it was my first smoker.

I love every one I have in my collection because at one time all but one were "strays" and I have a soft spot for strays. I like to think that I run a not for profit rescue shelter for neglected pits.

That and I'm a cheapa$$. Why buy new when used will do?

Back