THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We don't. Sorry, can't help. A lot of folk do so I am sure someone will chime in here. Well, I lied a little. If I am craving a little Carolina taste, maybe apple juice with a some apple cider vinegar.

I always spray mine with 1/2 apple juice 1/4 apple cider and 1/4 water mixture spray it every hour, seems to come out well I was stationed in East North Carolina I was always taught there was no other way...

I do not mop my ribs very often but when I do this is what I use;

·[FONT=&quot] Mop Sauce: [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 1 cup apple cider [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 1 tablespoon onion powder [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 1 tablespoon garlic powder [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 2 tablespoons lemon juice [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] 3 tablespoons Franks extra hot sauce
[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste[/FONT]

I assume you are asking about the tool not the goo...

I use a silicone brush for applying mop or sauce if I am not worried about disturbing the rub, if I am, then I use a sprayer and just spray stuff on.

In general, I do not mop as I am a believer that if you have to cooker open you are messing with the cooking. I will glaze though.

Any certain type of of brush or mop you prefer? I need a new one.

Hey guys sorry I may have been a little confusing.... I am looking for the actual tool that you like to use with your sauce or glaze. What mop or brush?

Oooops! My bad.

I use a silicone brush mop brush that has a bulb attached to put the mop liquid in. I do not remember where I bought it but it has worked very well for several years.

HOWDY NEIGHBOR!!!!

I prefer my ribs wet. Sticky, dripping, YUMMY wet.
So I use a mop. A cheap mop I got at Lowe's or Menards or HD or somewhere. Can't seem to find a photo of it. It's a small one, but it's perfect for what I need. Picks up just enough sauce to fully glaze one rack of ribs.

I like to glaze mine about 10 minutes before pulling so I get this.....
IMG_1168.jpg

I use a mop to baste during the cook and a silicone brush to finish with.

Don't ask me why I do it that way, just seems to be a pattern I've fallen into.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
Another fan of a silicone brush to brush on either Blues Hog or Head Country sauce.

Wampus, them are some fine lookin' ribs!

• Thanks
Alright, so I ran out and snapped a pic of the mop I have.....
IMG_1573.jpg

I prefer the mop because it allows me to quickly mop multiple racks of ribs without keeping the smoker open for too long. On the UDS (where I typically do ribs) if I keep the lid off too long, the heat can really get up there. Since I've got a big family, I'm usually doing 3,4 or 6 racks at a time. If I had to do them all with my silicone brush (granted, I only have like a 1" brush) the fire'd be ragin by the time I was done. I can mop 4 racks of ribs in about 8-10 seconds.

When I'm done mopping, I just soak it in hot water, then SPRAY with hot water, then sometimes put in the dishwasher.

• Thanks
I have recently stopped mopping in the interest of keeping the cooker closed. I was worried about the meat getting dry but it has not been a problem at all. But when I did mop, I used one of those little cotton mops and also a silicon brush.

• Thanks
Back