What are you guys cooking for new years eve?

New Years day will be Berkshire single cut chops with greens, Mexican cornbread, Mac n cheese and black eyed peas with green onion and mayonnaise slathered within! If your not eating your black eyed peas with onion and mayo mixed in your missing OUT!

Smoking some Racks of spare ribs on the UDS.
Going to make a batch of tater salar for a side dish and grill some ears of corn.
For desert its Apple Pie made by Mrs Sara lee :)

Think I'm gonna have all that seafood I missed on Christmas Eve. :wink:

Doin an overnite cook of a couple of shoulders. Gotta have that pork for New Years day.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Have some PP in the freezer from last week. Going to make me some PP EGGROLLS. Home made BBQ sauce as well.

I'm gonna try to my hand at a pork butt for the first time. This will be my second smoke ever. All in the span of 3 days :wink:

2 Racks of Pork Spare Ribs and 2 Tri-Tips. Smoked on the El Cheapo because of portability to Tahoe.

I just came from the butcher shop with 2 ribeyes each weighing in at a mere 1.3 pounds each. It is a win/win for me since I know that my wife will never eat that much steak. :becky: Cooking those on the Weber kettle. Oh yea, we'll also have a salad, some homemade bread and a few bottles of Petite Syrah along with a Gouda appetizer. New Years day is Sunday which means football! Nothing goes better than some wings on the kettle over lump and a couple of Fat Tire Amber Ales.

Lemon-Basil-Garlic Shrimp Skewers, Portobellos Stuffed w/Tomato n Mozz, and Oyster Po-Boys. Nothing is better than OYSTERS to ring in the new year. Almost a have to, if you know what I mean.

Smokin' grits.
It's real tricky keeping 'em on the rack but the result is well worth it.
Hint: Think thick.

Maybe we'll do some Gator tail, too. I got one in the swinming pool right now. ' Don't know how he un-locked the fence.

Happy New Year Y'all.
Don't drink-N-drive, ya spill too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be firing up the pizza oven on New Year's Eve for cooking and for ambiance. I'm roasting a large batch of HDD marinated wings and some vegis in it. Also, mochi and marshmallows on long skewers will be roasting as well...
There will be plenty of residual heat left in the oven for the next couple of days for low and slow cooks. Planning on ribs on Sunday for that.

Back