What a woman!

sounds like a "go play and don't come in unless you're bleeding" sorta suggestion. Could be nice:grin:

lionhrt, with all that good advise from the wife, why not excel her expectations and go big. Forget the ProQ and step it up 3 or 4 times. You know,,, the old forgiveness vs permission thing...

I love my pro-q. It's super leaky around the ring thou. First things first make sure your stackers aren't out of round. Next, get yourself a roll of 3 inch wide foil tape to seal up all the levels, it will ease fuel consumption. My favorite use of the pro-q thus far is to hang ribs, you can hang about 5 racks of st. louis cut spares in the lid, use all 3 stackers and no drip pan. Like I said, it tends to be a leaky cooker, so sealing off the doors, i haven't figured out a good gasket for them yet so i just foil tape them too, and i cant stress enough, tape up the sections.

My New Pro Q is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Just curious, How to you hang the ribs? do you have to tie them? do you have any pictures?

Jim, no pics, sorry bud, the pro-q has a bar built into the lid, and it comes with 6 hooks. I try and go about 2 bones down the rack with the hook, and just let them hang.

Ok. Looks like I'll be smoking some ribs on Sunday. Maybe I'll give hanging the ribs a try. And I'll try to take pictures too.
My ProQ is "out for delivery". Should be here any minute.

Sounds like a good woman to me.

You should also try hanging a Brisket I use a bacon hanger through the flat on mine it turns out pretty good.

Wow...I'd have my man buy whatever he needed to 'que, if I could just talk him into actually COOKING...any suggestions, gents, on how to accomplish that? ;o)

Congrats on the new cooker,, a friend has one and loves it,, make sure you thank the better half with a table full of Que this holiday...:wink:

I was debating over buying a ProQ or building a UDS and these words came from my wife " With you schedule you may not be able to get it done as soon as you want, why don`t you order the smoker you want and as you have time collect the parts you need and as you have time build that double barrel smoker you have been talking about and we can make a covered bbq area in the back yard "

I just ordered the ProQ excell 20 with an extra stacker!!!:whoo:
When looking at the bold text above, I can easily see how that would have resulted in a Lang 84 Deluxe arriving at my house. :thumb:

I love my pro-q. It's super leaky around the ring thou. First things first make sure your stackers aren't out of round. Next, get yourself a roll of 3 inch wide foil tape to seal up all the levels, it will ease fuel consumption. My favorite use of the pro-q thus far is to hang ribs, you can hang about 5 racks of st. louis cut spares in the lid, use all 3 stackers and no drip pan. Like I said, it tends to be a leaky cooker, so sealing off the doors, i haven't figured out a good gasket for them yet so i just foil tape them too, and i cant stress enough, tape up the sections.

Thanks for the tip I was wondering about the doors they look like they need sealing. Did sealing yours up slow the fuel need??

my wife likes the food off the UDS much better than off the char griller.... less smokey as she puts it. She likes both better than a restaurant!

I tried. My wife wouldn't go for either option. Gues I will stick with my smokinator and weber kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back