**Westernsmokers vertical reverse flow insulated smoker build**

Nice build. I am looking to build an insulated smoker myself and I was wondering what kind of insulation you used for yours. Nice welds and design btw.

Figure I should update the build...tomorrow she is done...here are pics of the doors going on...In about 30 minutes I'm going to finish the latches and smoke stack...then the only thing left is the cooking racks and paint obviously....thanks for lookin
DSC_00020001-1.jpg

DSC_00030002_1.jpg

not my best weld by far.
DSC_00050003-1.jpg

DSC_00060004.jpg

It looks nice. What color are you thinking about for it?

Also, about how much does it weigh right now without the racks?

I am thinking black and silver, maybe black body silver doors. And I have no idea how much it weighs but it's getting real heavy
It looks nice. What color are you thinking about for it?

Also, about how much does it weigh right now without the racks?

I am using a miller 140 on this project....it's been great for the small stuff
I'm curious what kind of welder you are using? I'm thinking of purchasing one and would like to know what others are using.

thanks

Wheels are on doors are done. Tomorrow I should be able to do the racks and handles...then I will only have some clean up and cover for the smoke stack along with a little paint...but I will burn it off and season it first..this has 17.5 sqft of cooking area. 5 racks that measure 24"x21" . it's on the floor......thanks for lookin
DSC_00110001.jpg

DSC_00120002.jpg

DSC_00130003.jpg

Very nice build! I'm just getting ready to fix some problems on my offset, and inslulting it is one of them.if you dont mind me asking, what type of insulation are you using? and where/who did you by it from? cost? thanks :-D Gary

Yes they will be for sale...I am planning on doing 3 different sizes or building any size to suit the needs of customers. I will hopefully be building a horizontal also in the near future and also keeping track of the build with pics. We will also offer them as well as the verticales.
Very cool! Going to be a production line in your future or just building for yourself now?

Here is the type of insulation..
Very nice build! I'm just getting ready to fix some problems on my offset, and inslulting it is one of them.if you dont mind me asking, what type of insulation are you using? and where/who did you by it from? cost? thanks :-D Gary

Here is a couple other things I have made. Some for customers some for my self. some are finished in the pics and some aren't.

DSC_00660003.jpg

DSC_00240004.jpg

DSC_00210002-1.jpg

DSC_00170001-1.jpg

DSC_00010001-2.jpg

DSC_00020002.jpg

I wish the owner wanted to make this cooler but this is how they wanted it.
DSC_00050004-1.jpg

Looks like a great smoker! Loving the reverse verticle design.

That moose rack's got me droolin! Looks about as heavy as one too!!

Thanks....your not to far away from me...I love kalispell. I lived just south of polson in a little town called pablo back in the 80's
Looks like a great smoker! Loving the reverse verticle design.

That moose rack's got me droolin! Looks about as heavy as one too!!

Thanks....your not to far away from me...I love kalispell. I lived just south of polson in a little town called pablo back in the 80's

Nice! It's Good to see another Montanan around here (even if it was for just a while)

What brought you to the CSKT Res? You'd hardly recognise the place now days... they've completely redone the highway into a 4 lane from polson to ronan.

Drop me a line if you ever get up this way, we'll have some Q waitin'!

Back