Well, I jumped on the bandwagon.

Just like brisket on any other device...depends on what temp, and whether you wrap. Run hot (325ish) and wrap after 4 hours (about 165 IT) and you'll be done in about 6-7 hours.

1. The PBC and PBjr both have an adjustable intake you set according to elevation.

2. For those that don't know the background. Several years ago the PBC owner Noah...as volume was increasing and he was looking to expand, signed a contract with a local manufacturer to make the drums. That guy stole the design and started making the barrel house clone, in violation of the patents and contract. Lots of legal fights still underway. If you buy from them...you're supporting a freakin thief and a cheat.

I know that the PBC has an adjustable intake as I have owned one for a few years. I guess I should have clarified that the BHC has a slider intake that looks to be easier to set than the PBC according to the pictures I've seen on their website. I don't own one so I don't have any personal knowledge on how they cook. I do like some of the setups they have for the inside grates but not enough to buy one. I don't even use my PBC anymore.

I am aware of the lawsuit and think it's a pretty crappy thing that they did. I'm not suggesting that anyone should buy one, I only mentioned them because they are another option in the size category of the PBC Jr.

I have a 16 gallon open top drum in my garage...I may have to make a Lowes hardware run today.

And I was wondering what to do today- Thanks.

Back