THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got my pair from Harbor freight tools. I wish i went somewhere else and paid alittle omre for a far better quality. they work, but not that well. My fingers get hot pretty quick with them on.
Pay the extra few bucks for better quality.

I have found that the bandages they put on after you pick up a hot coal that is "out don't worry about it" work very well plus they are free if you have good enough health insurance...

Just bear in mind that whatever gloves you get, once it starts to gettin' hot in them, take them OFF! NOW! They hold a lot of heat, once they get hot. I use heavy arc welding gloves, and they work fine for most things, including welding. I've taken to throwing a piece of foil over the meat before I grab it; saves greasing up your gloves right away.

I like the Lincoln Electric gloves at Home depot. Like Brauma, I have two pairs, one soaked with grease, and one for the fire stuff...

I'm a big fan of welding gloves- have a greasy pair that gets used outside at the grill/smoker and a newer, cleaner pair that reside next to the oven.

My Mom got us a pair of silicone-padded gloves for Xmas. She has had a pair for a while and really likes them. They're much more flexible than the welding gloves. Don't know that I'd want to pick up anything on fire with them, but they work for the oven. The only embarrassing thing is that she apparently watched/bought them off QVC. Here's the link:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...s-with-Silicone-Grips/walk.yah.0102~4465~4535

My wife got me a pair of SR Gauntlets for Christmas, they cover most of your forearm, which also works well for the fireworks show of lighting your lump with a torch.:biggrin:
http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-SR8038-Grill-Gloves/dp/B0026PLBO6
31oOwJI42QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Back