THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jplee3

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hey all,

Looking for a recommendation on a good pair of heat resistant gloves for the grill... maybe one pair for dealing with moving around charcoal, grates, deflector plates, etc and then another pair for handling the food and what not.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Another HF welding glove user here. For food handling, just use cotton liners under nitrile gloves.

ditto all of the above....
Harbor Freight has a pack of 3 pairs of leather welder gloves for about $10. I just throw them away when they get dirty.

While I have used cheap welding glove for over 25 years around the smoker and grill. I was at a charity event and forgot my welding gloves and borrowed a set of Malcom Reed's grilling gloves. I was amazed how well they worked, allowing me to pick up hot charcoal briquettes unfazed by the heat. The problem with welding gloves is the leather becomes hard after repeated use and the hardness allows transfer of heat through to your hands reducing the effectiveness. The guy that I borrowed the gloves from told me they were several years old. Below is a cheaper alternative that I think I will give a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Grilling-Res...id=1649338484&sprefix=hot+gril,aps,644&sr=8-4

You might get more mileage out of the three pack/$10 HF welding gloves depending on the longevity of the gloves in the link above.

Good luck in you quest.

Robert

I have both Malcom's gloves and welding gloves and I feel like the welding gloves work better for hot stuff. For food I just go with nitrile on top of the cotton gloves.

While I have used cheap welding glove for over 25 years around the smoker and grill. I was at a charity event and forgot my welding gloves and borrowed a set of Malcom Reed's grilling gloves. I was amazed how well they worked, allowing me to pick up hot charcoal briquettes unfazed by the heat. The problem with welding gloves is the leather becomes hard after repeated use and the hardness allows transfer of heat through to your hands reducing the effectiveness. The guy that I borrowed the gloves from told me they were several years old. Below is a cheaper alternative that I think I will give a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Grilling-Res...id=1649338484&sprefix=hot+gril,aps,644&sr=8-4

You might get more mileage out of the three pack/$10 HF welding gloves depending on the longevity of the gloves in the link above.

Good luck in you quest.

Robert

I got a cheap pair like those you linked, burnt a hole right through them.

Back