Welcome Home... PT I (Pron)

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
Our son has been out in the Atlantic ocean on his first cruise for the U.S. Navy. We knew that he would be returning soon, but he decided to surprise us and come home early this morning. :mad: Don't get me wrong, we love him and missed him, but just weren't prepared for visitors. Oh well, what can you do?

BBQ, of course...

Went to the store looking for Spare Ribs, but ended up getting St. Louis Style as they didn't have any spares thawed. Also picked up the ingredients for my Bacon, Cheddar, Avocado, & Ranch pasta salad.

Started the fire in my WSM at 3 pm and let it get settled while I mixed up some rub and got it on the ribs. Almost forgot to pull the membrane. :doh: It was 4 pm when I got the ribs on and the pit was hovering around 285*. Threw some apple chunks on and whey flared up my temps went as high as 315*. Adjusted the vents a little and got it down to 295*ish and let it roll. Back inside to make the pasta salad.

About two hours later I pulled the ribs and wrapped them in foil. By the time I got them back on grill it was 6:15. I gave them 45 mins wrapped and then pulled them from the foil and back on for another 30 mins nekkid. The bend test shows a pretty easy 90* bend, but no tearing of the meat.

These are the best set of ribs I have made so far. Right amount of rub, clean bite with a little chew, and tender / delicious. Only complaint is that I might have wanted to wrap them a little earlier as there was a little more char then I wanted.

Chicken thighs with the leftover pasta salad tomorrow and then Steaks with grilled veggies on Monday. After that, his mom will be off work and she can make him some Korean food...

Thanks for looking... :bow:

Attachments

• Welcome Home 1.jpg
    Welcome Home 1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 2.jpg
    Welcome Home 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 3.jpg
    Welcome Home 3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 4.jpg
    Welcome Home 4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 5.jpg
    Welcome Home 5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 6.jpg
    Welcome Home 6.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 7.jpg
    Welcome Home 7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 8.jpg
    Welcome Home 8.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 9.jpg
    Welcome Home 9.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Welcome Home 10.jpg
    Welcome Home 10.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 135
Terry that's a wonderful welcome home meal for your son!! Tell him thank you from me for his service. Also, thanks to you and your Mrs.. :wink:

Back