Weber Kettle Replacement

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
My original Weber Kettle is dying - its 20+ years old, the leg connectors are almost rusted through. The bottom controls have rusted apart.
Time for a replacement.
I don't use it all that often as I have an Egg and an UDS.
But I use it enough to want a replacement.

Which would you choose?

22" Weber Original Kettle $89.99

22.5" Char-Broil TRU-Infrared $129.99

I don't use it enough to justify getting a Weber Premium.

I'd like your opinions.

I know it wasn’t an option you offered, but as long as kettles last, there is no way I’d cheap out over $50. The premium kettles are soooo much nicer. And yes, I’d definitely go w/ a kettle :)

You know the Weber is going to last, the same can't be said for any Charbroil I'm aware of. And for a one touch kettle, the ash catcher is worth it.

The Chargriller is pretty nice. I've checked them out in the store and like some things about them over the Weber Kettle. How long they will last is an unknown entity though.

I personally would try one out only because I already have a kettle and I like trying new equipment out but you can't beat a Weber Kettle.

Spend $400 on the 26" kettle, or pick up a used kettle on CL. I see then all the time here for $50 or less.

Personally, I'd pickup a Weber off of CL (or FB marketplace) like Steve mentioned. If you aren't in a hurry, wait til the weather gets nicer and you'll see them popping up. People get them for Christmas, they sit unused until spring. They get tried once or twice, user decides that they don't like charcoal grilling for reason X,Y,Z and they get rid of it.

I know it wasn’t an option you offered, but as long as kettles last, there is no way I’d cheap out over $50. The premium kettles are soooo much nicer. And yes, I’d definitely go w/ a kettle :)

Thanks

I didn't realize there was a 22" premium.
I thought my jump was nearly $200 for the 26"

Back