Weber 22.5 kettle silver one touch /w pron & future mods thread.

You sound familar? And it's the price, once I get the smokinator & another weber silver plus a smokinator I will be ready to rockin roll!
Wait, what happened to the cajun Bandit?:becky:
I think I changed my mind about every thirty seconds when I was trying to decide on this issue!

Wait, what happened to the cajun Bandit?:becky:
I think I changed my mind about every thirty seconds when I was trying to decide on this issue!
Does it really matter what I get as long as I can smoke? And turn out good Q?

Na....

In the end, Derek will end up with a whole deck full of smokers. How he gets there is the journey we all take.

Now do what I did: order the cast iron grate, and get 2 charcoal baskets.

Yesterday, I ordered the Cajun Bandit's rotisserie bundle:

http://shop.cajunbandit.com/product.sc?productId=12&categoryId=3

The bundle comes with the ring.

Then I ordered 2 baskets: the Grill Pro and the Large Rotisserie Tumble:

http://www.4thegrill.com/roba.html

Also ordered a mountable thermometer, which the Silver sorely lacks:

http://www.4thegrill.com/rivrc-t3cf.html

This will finish my mods, and I'll have one kickarse grill.

I'm glad I took the Big Lots grill back. I got my Silver for $59.00... well worth the extra $30.00.

All in all, I've got about $440.00 into it with all of the extra mods... but it's well worth it. For just $40 - $50 more than the Weber Gold costs, you can build a grill that'll have all the bells & whistles.

Is that the lower rack they are putting on the silvers now? I got mine last year and it doesnt have a rack like that. That looks like last year's gold. Down near the legs where it could actually keep something off the ground.

Now do what I did: order the cast iron grate, and get 2 charcoal baskets.

Yesterday, I ordered the Cajun Bandit's rotisserie bundle:

http://shop.cajunbandit.com/product.sc?productId=12&categoryId=3

The bundle comes with the ring.

Then I ordered 2 baskets: the Grill Pro and the Large Rotisserie Tumble:

http://www.4thegrill.com/roba.html

Also ordered a mountable thermometer, which the Silver sorely lacks:

http://www.4thegrill.com/rivrc-t3cf.html

This will finish my mods, and I'll have one kickarse grill.

I'm glad I took the Big Lots grill back. I got my Silver for $59.00... well worth the extra $30.00.

All in all, I've got about $440.00 into it with all of the extra mods... but it's well worth it. For just $40 - $50 more than the Weber Gold costs, you can build a grill that'll have all the bells & whistles.
How much was oyour order total at the Cajun website?

Is that the lower rack they are putting on the silvers now? I got mine last year and it doesnt have a rack like that. That looks like last year's gold. Down near the legs where it could actually keep something off the ground.
It does have the bottom rack to it.

How much was oyour order total at the Cajun website?

Order Summary
-------------

Invoice ID: xxxxxxxx

Order Date: Tue, May 4, 2010

Payment:
$184.20 will be charged to your Visa card numbered xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Order Contents:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | 310 | Rotisserie kit and Rotisserie Ring Bundle | 149.95 | 149.95
Subtotal 149.95
Tax 0.00
Shipping (UPS Ground) & Handling 34.25
Balance Due 184.20

If you buy the Cajun Bandit (and believe me, you need the ring, at very least), you've gotta buy the extra rotisserie baskets. It only comes with the forks, and you need the versatility the baskets give you. As long as you're at it, have them send a thermometer, too. The one I ordered is only about $20, and being able to see the overall kettle temp (although the grill temp will be slightly lower) is vital. I am going to have to drill a small hole: no big deal. I went with the Cajun Bandit's rotisserie kit because it was actually made for the ring. Maybe the Rib-O-lator fits it too, I dunno.

The charcoal baskets are well worth the $12 Lowes charges: using them will keep the grill nicer, and easier to clean.

The best mod of all, was the cast iron grate. Well worth the $70 - $90 it'll cost you.

The wife wasn't happy: "why did you spend nearly $400 on a $60 grill?"

She doesn't get that all these things enhance its ability.

Order Summary
-------------

Invoice ID: xxxxxxxx

Order Date: Tue, May 4, 2010

Payment:
$184.20 will be charged to your Visa card numbered xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Order Contents:

Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price
1 | 310 | Rotisserie kit and Rotisserie Ring Bundle | 149.95 | 149.95
Subtotal 149.95
Tax 0.00
Shipping (UPS Ground) & Handling 34.25
Balance Due 184.20
Damn, The cc card number is Xed :p

If you buy the Cajun Bandit (and believe me, you need the ring, at very least), you've gotta buy the extra rotisserie baskets. It only comes with the forks, and you need the versatility the baskets give you. As long as you're at it, have them send a thermometer, too. The one I ordered is only about $20, and being able to see the overall kettle temp (although the grill temp will be slightly lower) is vital. I am going to have to drill a small hole: no big deal. I went with the Cajun Bandit's rotisserie kit because it was actually made for the ring. Maybe the Rib-O-lator fits it too, I dunno.

The charcoal baskets are well worth the $12 Lowes charges: using them will keep the grill nicer, and easier to clean.

The best mod of all, was the cast iron grate. Well worth the $70 - $90 it'll cost you.

The wife wasn't happy: "why did you spend nearly $400 on a $60 grill?"

She doesn't get that all these things enhance its ability.
Neither does parents.

Damn, The cc card number is Xed :p

Were you hoping to get my card #? :-D

They do as many companies do: they show only the last 4 digits of the card. I write my software that way too.

I removed the last 4 digits before I posted: nobody needs that info but me & the company.

Neither does parents.

This is pretty much the same argument I had with my parents over the cost of my guitars & amps when I was in my teens. But the bottom line was I was playing professionally and actually using the equipment. It's not like some guys I knew who bought all the equipment and never learned to play, and the stuff just collected dust.

I can see that you'll use everything you buy. So to me, I think my wife and your parents are wrong on this one.

Were you hoping to get my card #? :-D

They do as many companies do: they show only the last 4 digits of the card. I write my software that way too.

I removed the last 4 digits before I posted: nobody needs that info but me & the company.
Dang you found me out.

congrats,,i put a special request in to the birthday fairy for a gold,in either green or blue...well see what happens..now get it dirty.:thumb:

Congrats Derek. Webers are great tools but don't cook on the carpet! :lol:

yeah, I only use carpet for smoking... killer smoke ring!! :heh:

The Rib-O-Lator absolutely DOES fit... we had them start making them for us because of the ROL... they didn't want to start making them at first, but they came around to our side eventually!! :twisted:
Please, buy from the ROL site, you'll help support a brethren member that way! Same Price too!! :becky:

Here is the ROL Site link for it!
http://www.ribolator.com/product_info.php?products_id=89

The unique feature of our ring vs the weber ring, is that ours is made to fit the weber kettle or flip over and fit the WSM (22.5's). They also fit MUCH tighter than the weber models!

Congrats on the new toy!!! :becky::thumb:

yeah, I only use carpet for smoking... killer smoke ring!! :heh:

The Rib-O-Lator absolutely DOES fit... we had them start making them for us because of the ROL... they didn't want to start making them at first, but they came around to our side eventually!! :twisted:
Please, buy from the ROL site, you'll help support a brethren member that way! :becky:

Here is the ROL Site link for it!
http://www.ribolator.com/product_info.php?products_id=89

The unique feature of our ring vs the weber ring, is that ours is made to fit the weber kettle or flip over and fit the WSM (22.5's). They also fit MUCH tighter than the weber models!

Congrats on the new toy!!! :becky::thumb:

I would have ordered from you if I'd have known. Too late, my Cajun Bandit kit will be here tomorrow.

Their ring also can be flipped to fit the WSM.

Back