We Don't Need no Stinkin' Short Ribs! (but we do need PrOn)

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
Was at Walmart the other day and saw a twin pack of beef back ribs (about 11 lbs total) marked down to $1.99/lb. I have had good luck with Walmart backs, and there were no shiners that I could see. Cut into 4 quarter slabs to fit two on each rack of the 14.5" WSM. Rubbed up, and ran about 3 hours at 250 with KBB and cheery chunks until toothpick tender. Man, I love the flavor of backs! Still had a good amount of live charcoal and chunk, so I rummaged the fridge and came up with a nice boneless/skinless breast. Took out the deflector, stoked up the coals and opened the door to get some oxygen in then grilled them from the bottom grate with a sweet and savory pork rub. Will make some nice lunch meat for the weekend.

I've seen backs at Wally World but never ones that looked that good. Nice job on that cook man! Did you rotate the ones from the bottom to the top? Chook came out good too!

I've seen backs at Wally World but never ones that looked that good. Nice job on that cook man! Did you rotate the ones from the bottom to the top? Chook came out good too!

No, they probed right at the same time. With the water pan filled the bottom rack and top are pretty much dead even. The bottom gets a lot hotter without water.

IMG_1857_zpspegqphla.jpg

Money shot... :hungry: :thumb:

Back