Water pressure tank

OK One more. With the base removed, you can see a 4-5" in the bottom. I am debating making this the top or bottom of my drum smoker.

If i make this end the bottom, i can fashion a flange with an L and have one intake. I think i could re-attach the base and have a stand, but no wheels for mobility. If the intake was big enough,maybe i can hook up the shop vac for ash removal(or reverse for a super stoker:eek:)How Much ash is generated during a long cook?

Making this end the top gives me flexibility in the exhaust size, but then i would have to make some sort of stand(with wheels) and maybe drill the intake holes on the sides like your traditional(its a tradition now) UDS.

For those who have been down this road, any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time

Paul

Attachments

• drum 002.jpg
    drum 002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 48
This is a diaphram tank that I am going to make into a vertical smoker. It sounds like you are describing one of these. The sidewall is thinner than I was hoping for but the top and bottom are much heavier.

The rubber bladder was easy to remove. The only real concern is the epoxy paint that was used to paint the metal under the bladder.

thats the same tank i am using

Back