Wampus cooked a BLUDAWG brisket!

Wow those are some great looking briskets. At what IT did you take them off the smokers? I have always done mine at 240. I love the idea of getting the cook done a lot sooner.Next time I will definitely smoke at 300. Great pics,nice looking UDS!

Both briskets look great. I have tried a bunch of different rubs on brisket and short ribs and have found that I prefer salt, pepper, garlic on beef over anything with sugar. The salt pepper and garlic compliment the beef flavor really well and really make the meat the star.

As for Bludawg, who would of thought that guy knew how to cook. :p

Fantastic cook Wamp... Thanks for all the details and the blow by blow rundown! :thumb:

Looks good Wampus! I too like to do my briskets at 300, never liked the way they turned out at 250 or lower.

I'm scratchin my head here and will HAVE to try this.

When my BGE dome temp is 300, the grate temp is 275. I cannot imagine doing a whole packer in 5 hours at 275.

I'm assuming you put the drip pans in dry in hopes to catch au ju. We usually put a drip pan in with about an inch of water for moisture.

I just need to man up and start cooking H&F. Never done it and need to start. Thanks for the pictorial.

I'm gonna try Butcher Paper brisket, but I don't want to buy a monster roll of paper - where can I get a SMALL quantity of butcher paper, just to try it out?

Can anyone in the Lou help me out with either a source or a loan?

Back