Walmart Briskets

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I've always bought Select Brisket at Walmart till last nite I got a Choice on sale at Albertsons. Well I went into Walmart for some things tonite and looked at Briskets - they've always been Select at $1.77 - $2.18/lb but tonite half were stamped Choice but still $1.77/lb. I dunno if they mis packaged them or what?

null_zpsadc4e5cb.jpg

null_zpsc94481f1.jpg

null_zpsdd16441d.jpg

I would be careful with wally world meat I have intel that it comes from plastic Chinese cows raised in Indonesia and pacd in Tiawn.:shock:

Organic plastic chinese cows? Organic and grass fed....thats ok then. And wipe with soft damp cloth....those cows are ok. And shiney....shineys good.

I just purchased a brisket this morning from Walmart and the price was $2.58lb. This probably sounds bad, but I am happy to hear our prices here in Alaska isn't too far off from what others are paying.

I just purchased a brisket this morning from Walmart and the price was $2.58lb. This probably sounds bad, but I am happy to hear our prices here in Alaska isn't too far off from what others are paying.

$2.79 here in Texas. Sad day when brisket is cheaper in Alaska than Texas

If I could get a brisket for 1.77 I would jump on it. Just shy of 3.00 lb. where I live. I haven't bought one in a long time.

Normal price around here for brisket is over $4.50 a pound.

Our Acme (Albertson's Owned) doesn't carry briskets, so they remain high priced elsewhere.

Thursday I made a 20 mile trip to another Walmart that has a grocery department and they had whole choice briskets for $2.38 so I bought 2, one for today one to freeze..

I haven't had brisket in a long time... Looking forward to dinner.

2.58 a lb for choice all day long here in MO. I was lucky enough to snag a 2.58 lb prime brisket at Sams yesterday. Smoking it now as a matter of fact. :mrgreen:

I guess it depends on the area and what sells S&D will determine price. Around here 1.77 -2.18 lb everyday. Spares & BB on the other hand are rich mans fare. 3.70 & 5.25 lb for shiners respectively.

Couple of year back I found briskets at wally (select Excel brand) I don't remember the price but it was way cheap at the time so I bought 3. I prepped and cooked one and froze the other two. the one I cooked had funny black specks in and on the fat cap as did the other two. anyway it seemed to have cooked fine looked great , moist and tender. but tasted god awful like OLD OLD beef, not a good taste at all. :icon_sick I gave the other 2 to a neighbor told him how bad I thought they were and he should just feed them to his dog (I later found out he ate them):icon_shock1:
I have since then never bought the Excel brand and ALWAYS a "choice" and have not had a bad one since then.

OH, when I saw the black specks I was leery but the meat didn't feel slimy or have an "off" smell to it so I proceeded with the cook.

Our competition sponsor is a butcher shop.
The head meat cutter there used to work at Wal Mart.
He told me to NEVER buy meat from there. He explained why.
I won't be buying there any more.

Back