Walmart Briskets

A local butcher shop tried to sell me one for $8.25/lb last week. I literally laughed on his face and told him I was headed to Restaurant Depot. What a farker.

Excel Walmart Select

null_zps4175b9e3.jpg

What's THAT in the middle?
Just coloring of the photo or is it really some kind of "nasty"?

Don't look right from here.

What's THAT in the middle?
Just coloring of the photo or is it really some kind of "nasty"?

Don't look right from here.

Its from Injection I guess - shot it up with Beef Broth/Lemon Juice the nite before -Or Could've of been the "Plastic" - I don't know or Care - It Tasted Great :mrgreen:

Average price is between 4 to 5 dollars a pound for packer briskets in my area.
Wallyworld last time I checked was around 4 dollars a # for flats.

I've bought a few excel choice packers at wal mart they are fine never had any issues with them,what did the butcher say Wampus?

Our competition sponsor is a butcher shop.
The head meat cutter there used to work at Wal Mart.
He told me to NEVER buy meat from there. He explained why.
I won't be buying there any more.

Walmart redid their entire meat department company wide about a year ago.. Its much better now than it was

A packer is a packer is a packer is a packer.. They are packed at the meat plant and shipped out. An excel packer at walmart for $1.77/lb is going to be identical to an excel packer at whole paycheck for $3.59/lb. Zero difference in quality.

the cheapest beef in CHINA is $4 per lbs.

I would be careful with wally world meat I have intel that it comes from plastic Chinese cows raised in Indonesia and pacd in Tiawn.:shock:
We can also buy beef imported from American and Australia. Price is around US$9 per lbs.
But the Best Made in China beef is more than $50 per lbs

They're around the $2.30/lb mark for me at Walmart for whole briskets. Flats are usually $4+/lb. While they have always had flats when I've looked, they only sometimes have packers in stock. Every one I've bought has been fine so far.

Average price is between 4 to 5 dollars a pound for packer briskets in my area.
Wallyworld last time I checked was around 4 dollars a # for flats.

Bull, where exactly is Mid MI? I've seen ~$2.50/# at Walmart in Three Rivers, MI all summer. Odd.... But not really considering how I can't find brisket at all in Chicago, except for RD.

Back