Wagyu Tri Tip in Japan

COS

is one Smokin' Farker
Picked a wagyu tri tip here in Japan, it is imported from the states. Kobe style beef here in Japan is pretty expensive but settled for wagyu from the states. I got it once and was excellent. Any way just some simple salt and pepper.

Smoked to a IT of 125

Onto the grill to sear and bring the temp up to 135

Into the foil it goes, pulled about 137

Removed from foil and ready to slice

Sliced

This one had a strong beef taste, more than the last one I did. I don't know why, maybe a little older than the first one. I don't think it was because its wagyu. I'm thinking maybe to simple of a seasoning.

See if you can find Matsusaka (a different style of wagyu beef). When we were in Japan last the locals told us it was better than Kobe and I have to agree!

Great looking hunk of beef there!

Strikes me as funny---American Wagyu imported by Japan. 8)

TIM

Yeah I thought it was funny also, here I am in Japan but I buy wagyu from the states. It's just pretty much for the price point.

See if you can find Matsusaka (a different style of wagyu beef). When we were in Japan last the locals told us it was better than Kobe and I have to agree!

Never heard of that. I know there's four different types of the cows. I might have to look into that.

Great looking hunk of beef there!

Strikes me as funny---American Wagyu imported by Japan. 8)

TIM

It had me shaking my head :tsk: We copy Kobe Beef and call it Wagyu, and then send it back to Japan :doh:

That's a beautiful hunk of meat, COS.

Looks delicious and very well cooked.

They've pulled our Wagyu options from the Commissary down here... used to have choice sirloins and ribeyes... but no longer. *sigh*

That's a beautiful hunk of meat, COS.

Looks delicious and very well cooked.

They've pulled our Wagyu options from the Commissary down here... used to have choice sirloins and ribeyes... but no longer. *sigh*

Thanks, it was good.
You get select meat now? Up here we get choice meat, nothing less or mor.

Thanks, it was good.
You get select meat now? Up here we get choice meat, nothing less or mor.

*chuckle*

No, sir. Enjoyed a couple of "wagyu" sirloins just before my long absence from Japan (around last January), but since the contract changed hands for DeCA... the meat case has looked rather...*cough* poorly. They've been cutting up butts into 1/3s as "roasts" w/o leaving whole butts and picnics on the line. *sigh*

Back