***VOTE..."Brisket" Throwdown...VOTE***

Who should win the "Brisket" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey db, this was actually cooked on my Weber kettle. The ends turned out incredible..my best yet. I hate garnish/parsley...its a pain in the arse, we have our first comp April 4, so...had to practice using that garbage. As a previous post stated..it should be about the meat only. But...nonetheless, we always take a hit on the garnish so...needed the practice. Brisket on Parsley...yeah...believe me...it hurts everytime I think about it.

Popdaddy once said:

Parsley and Garnish are to Brisket what red bleeding Car antennae Welts are to a Nice Ho's behind. Damn Shame!

The burnt ends did it for me..had to go with Gplasz. Lots of really good lookin brisket. Good luck to all that entered!

:mad: Well, I am disappointed with this Brisket throwdown because I was sure that the TX Brisket Funk master, barbefunkoramaque would enter and win:wink:.

In fact, I was so sure of it, I never bought a Brisket to enter in the throwdown.

Oh well, now we will never know if he would have won or not:!:

Lots of great looking Briskets were entered anyway:grin:.

:mad: Well, I am disappointed with this Brisket throwdown because I was sure that the TX Brisket Funk master, barbefunkoramaque would enter and win:wink:.

In fact, I was so sure of it, I never bought a Brisket to enter in the throwdown.

Oh well, now we will never know if he would have won or not:!:

Lots of great looking Briskets were entered anyway:grin:.

I will enter when the contest is set up blind box style and I get a digital camera. My video cam takes lousy stills

I would like to take really good shots of brisket with all the garnish that I hate though with my big hairy belly in the background. LOL

Had to go with Smokerdude, his pic was just raw pron!!! Not raw as in uncooked raw just raw as in emotion strong and undisguised.

Liked Diva and gpalasz except for the parsley. I guess I won't ever do well in a comp (never been to one) because I don't like using the green stuff. Takes away from the meat IMHO.[/QUOTE

Barbarian, I was one of the bandits that gangstered the sliced brisket before pics could be taken. It was really excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a fun time for all.:biggrin:

yeah..parsley blows. We have our first comp in two weeks, just had to practice using the stuff. I prefer a plate full of meat only , but...the judges do not...so thats why the parsley. I try to focus on the texture and taste of the brisket, to me...thats where it is at. When you get the results your looking for in a brisket, there is nothing better. The brisket is not very forgiving like say a butt or even ribs. The parsley just gets in the way, but...it is..what it is

yeah..parsley blows. We have our first comp in two weeks, just had to practice using the stuff. I prefer a plate full of meat only , but...the judges do not...so thats why the parsley. I try to focus on the texture and taste of the brisket, to me...thats where it is at. When you get the results your looking for in a brisket, there is nothing better. The brisket is not very forgiving like say a butt or even ribs. The parsley just gets in the way, but...it is..what it is

Where are you competing in OK that requires use of garnish?

KCBS events, not required, but...if you do not use...no point in even turning in your boxes.

Hmmm yeah.. well that's cool. I forget or rather denied for long that Kansas Bordered you guys. LOL

Oh they make a great bbq Brisket sauce in that state though.

Hey now! I don't like the green stuff either! Don't blame Kansas or Kansas City. The problem is KCBS. I've never once heard of any of the reputable BBQ restaurants in the KC area insisting on serving their BBQ on parsley or lettuce. It's usually served meat only, or on top of bread and maybe with some sauce on top. KCBS may have Kansas City origins, but parsley and lettuce BBQ is not KC BBQ. KC BBQ predates KCBS and KCBS can not redefine KC BBQ either. KCBS isn't even interested in attempting to redefine KC BBQ, they have their sights set at the national level.:biggrin: All in good fun of course. I'm a member, I love KCBS. I don't get the garnish though, never will. It is what it is though, and it's ONLY KCBS, not KC!!!:twisted:

Hey now! I don't like the green stuff either! Don't blame Kansas or Kansas City. The problem is KCBS. I've never once heard of any of the reputable BBQ restaurants in the KC area insisting on serving their BBQ on parsley or lettuce. It's usually served meat only, or on top of bread and maybe with some sauce on top. KCBS may have Kansas City origins, but parsley and lettuce BBQ is not KC BBQ. KC BBQ predates KCBS and KCBS can not redefine KC BBQ either. KCBS isn't even interested in attempting to redefine KC BBQ, they have their sights set at the national level.:biggrin: All in good fun of course. I'm a member, I love KCBS. I don't get the garnish though, never will. It is what it is though, and it's ONLY KCBS, not KC!!!:twisted:

Well said Big

Once more post that please without the words KCBS KC BBQ parsley and garnish... all like daggers in my eyes! LOL

LOL!:lol:

You know there's a reason they shipped all those cattle to KC don't you? Because we knew what to do with them!:lol:

Hoo-boy! This should be fun!

I love Texas, don't get me wrong. Just having fun.:biggrin:

Great lookin' brisket from all. Had to give my vote to Crue though. Incredible brisket pic there!

Maybe we should get a petition going, for the "No Garnish" and send it in to KCBS. That is the biggest BS if I have ever seen one.

Man. I gotta cook a brisket now! Why am I always cooking last week's item rather than next week's item?

--Scott

Now that you mention it. I saw a special about Memphis in May on Food Network. I did notice that it was just meat in the boxes they were showing. I've never been to a comp. So is it just KCBS that you have to put all that green chit in the box?

:icon_blush:<--- Mandatory Jesting Symbol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back