***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "No Bones About It" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "No Bones About It" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, as it happens, we know quite a bit. The state I live in, known as Victoria, is also colloquially called "Mexico" when Aussies are joking amongst themselves.

There are also 98 Mexican Restaurants in Melbourne as opposed to only 68 Amercian Style restaurants.. and they include places like TGI Fridays and some other Aussie operations that aren't really that American. You know.. whack a Number Plate and a pair of horms on the wall and "bingo" you're an American Restaurant... so I'm more likely to know more about Mexican than even cooking a pork butt!

Another thing is that the dish is a jerked marinade. Jerk is a West Indian thing, brought to Jamaica and other West Indian Islands by slaves from Western Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries.

So, having put flank in a tortilla hardly makes it Mexican and it was not intended to be. It was just something that seemed to go well together at the time. If it wins, that's cool.... but please don't vote for it or NOT vote for it based on who cooked it, or where I come from, to what style it's supposed to be.

Now CD, I'm not having a go at you and I'm certainly not upset at all. I'm just pointing out a few facts... I know you were having a joke and that's fine. I just need to set the record straight. Lets just vote on the best dish. I'm feling like some of Gore's corn actually!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

In the immortal words of deguerre, :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

CD :becky:

PS: Your tacos were on my short-list. I almost voted for them. :thumb:

-

Well Al, I think I'm going to have to find someone else to choose my throwdown pictures. That one only got one vote so far. :tsk:

:shocked:

love me some bbq corn even if its a moldy that stuff comes off when you bbq it

:twitch:

Thanks, just eleven more votes to propel me into the lead! :thumb:

I'm sensing I can take this one!

I see how you roll Gore... :drama:

I'm kicked to the curb when things look a little grim, but totally forgotten about when the worm turns... :tsk:

It was a tough one. The food looked amazing, but Gore's satire put it over the temp. Awesome tutorial. Make sure it gets posted along side the recipie on how to make ice :loco:

I'm kicked to the curb when things look a little grim, but totally forgotten about when the worm turns... :tsk:

I'm really sorry Al. It was looking pretty grim indeed and I expect I over-reacted. It's especially sad when some people pretend they're offended by an obvious joke to try to get sympathy votes. :tsk:

In any case, I'm truly sorry and must admit you're the reason I'm doing as well as I am. :thumb:

It was a tough one. The food looked amazing, but Gore's satire put it over the temp. Awesome tutorial. Make sure it gets posted along side the recipie on how to make ice :loco:

Yeah, it's really too bad about that accident in Hawaii, as I could really see an episode about what really transpired around that BBQ. :shock:

It's especially sad when some people pretend they're offended by an obvious joke to try to get sympathy votes. :tsk:

:shocked: Who would EVEN think of such an underhanded dirty deed, done dirt cheap as that? :tsk:

I'm really sorry Al. It was looking pretty grim indeed and I expect I over-reacted.In any case, I'm truly sorry and must admit you're the reason I'm doing as well as I am. :thumb:

:becky: That's better and I fully accept your apology. :thumb:

VOTE FOR BBQ CORN!

Had to go with Tarhog, his meal was the one that I wanted to eat....after I filled up on mine.:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Dark n Stormy

Fark!!!! I cannot believe BBQ Corn is beating a meal prepared with the "Dark n Stormy".

May I beg for 13-15 votes as well!!!!:laugh::biggrin1::becky:

Even though I understand why the corn didn't get the ol' Dilly, it did follow the rules after all, I was still hoping for a zero though.

Even though I understand why the corn didn't get the ol' Dilly, it did follow the rules after all, I was still hoping for a zero though.

Really? PYGBOYZ's corn was cooked directly on the grill and that plate looks pretty good to me. I don't see how it could've gotten a Dilly or a zero. :crazy:

That corn may have been grilled a bit, but it is not true authentic BBQ corn. :becky:

I didn't see the special rule that said everything had to be BBQ'd. I mean look at the top of your screen. It clearly says "The Any Outdoor Cooking Method Brethren" :rolleyes:

Back