THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Let's All Smoke Some Fatties!" Thro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seen somewhere (I thought) that the Mods prefered we put the full cook in Q-Talk and link to it. It gets seen by more people to entice them to join in and it keeps the entry thread cleaner making thier job easier

Yeah... We're limited to the amount of promotion of the TDs that we can do in Q-Talk, so have a cook thread with a link to the TD helps bring new folks in here. But, that doesn't mean that you can't post details and more pictures in your entry. Fewer pictures makes it easier on me when I go to build the poll, but I don't want that to get in the way of someone getting votes.

See, now I am pretty sure I asked about this in a separate thread when I was first thinking of entering a TD. I am pretty sure the consensus was to post all of your cook pictures here instead of an entry here and a link elsewhere. People didn't want to go through the effort of clicking on a link to go see the rest of the pictures. Based off that, I have been posting my complete cook here and in Q-Talk. Hasn't helped me win a competition yet, but might have gotten me more votes. Dunno...

As for voting for yourself, I use my vote to vote for the entry that makes me drool. A couple times that has been my entry, but I am pretty sure more often than not, that has been another entry like pcshrews Jerk Chicken. Since I haven't won a TD yet, I take a small victory when I have voted for the TD winner. :wink:

Last edited:
See, now I am pretty sure I asked about this in a separate thread when I was first thinking of entering a TD. I am pretty sure the consensus was to post all of your cook pictures here instead of an entry here and a link elsewhere. People didn't want to go through the effort of clicking on a link to go see the rest of the pictures. Based off that, I have been posting my complete cook here and in Q-Talk. Hasn't helped me win a competition yet, but might have gotten me more votes. Dunno...

As I recall, a few folks said they didn't like entries that had only the entry picture because they wouldn't click the link to the cook thread. That doesn't mean that you have to post 25 pictures, either :-D

But, we've never gotten to the point of mandating what an entry should look like beyond specifying that it is an entry, and not just a random picture or someone reposting someone else's picture, and then specifying which picture to use for the vote thread, so it's up to you how much to post in your entry and what to post in Q-Talk, if anything.

Thanks Ron. I'll take it into consideration as I know some of my cooks have had a ton of pictures. I'll try to limit the TD thread photos some and put the whole cook in Q-Talk.

Thanks Ron. I'll take it into consideration as I know some of my cooks have had a ton of pictures. I'll try to limit the TD thread photos some and put the whole cook in Q-Talk.

Do whatever you feel will get you the most votes. I'm just expressing my preference, which, as we all know, is exactly that, not a rule or special rule :becky:

I used to take pictures of every single step of every cook, and post them all. That can be tedious. Lately, I find that I just want to shoot the basics, such as ingredients, the food on the grill or smoker, and my money shot.

Same with the description. The basic information needed to imagine what the entry tastes like. If someone wants a complete recipe, they will ask for it (if there is a recipe -- I often shoot from the hip).

I also post my cook in the entry thread, then copy and paste the same post in Q-Talk, with a few words changed. I should really put a link to the Throwdown at the bottom of the Q-Talk post to promote the Throwdown. I'll try to do that in the future.

CD

So, who do I need to talk to so that I can change my "handle" to TD_Bridesmaid? Seems like I am going to be a contender, but a loser once again. :mrgreen:

bender-biting-nails.gif

This was a tough one.
I always go with the entry that I would most like to try though.
The Fatty Benedict just appeals to me the most.:thumb:

I think this TD needed an "All of the Above" choice.

Had to go take a couple of extra Lipitor after looking at all this fatty goodness.

Back