THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Cook Like a Bigabyte" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well now, hold on a minute. This one is complicated.

First off, there are two ways to win this one. The first is based simply off of the voting. Based on that we have a tie and have two winners. Whether they want to share the victory or move into some sort of tie-breaker is up to them. The tie for that goes to CASEYDOG and SHIZ-NIT!:clap:

The other way to win is having the highest score after adjusting for FOIL and SQUIRREL POINTS.

SQUIRREL POINTS are being assigned in order based on the following rules:
First, the votes received in polling are added to your FOIL POINTS.
Second, rule #6 (Bigabyte is a bit odd, so add 3 votes if the vote total is an odd number) is applied.
Next, rule #9 (Even keel: We never know what to expect from Bigabyte, so if the vote total is even then it is definitely not Bigabyte inspired, and you go directly to zero and join the Zero's Club!) is applied.
Finally, rule #10 (The total from all of your entries is added together) is applied.

So here are the adjusted values for each person.

First the the polling results plus FOIL POINTS

caseydog - 30 + 16 = 46
Team Sicily - 9 + 0 = 9
watertowerbbq - 6 + 1 = 7
ecode - 6 + 2 = 8
Oldyote - 5 + 5 = 10 (Because the voting total matched your FOIL POINTS you uncovered the other hidden secret FOIL EASTER EGG and your score is also doubled! Congrats!) x 2= 20
Gore 1 - 5 + 0 = 5 (Score is doubled for finding the original Foil Easter Egg) x 2 = 10
GARNAAL - 4 + 0 = 4 (final score is modified/marginalized to 1/x for being uncooked) = 1/4
bluetang - 4 + 0 = 4 (final score is modified/marginalized to 1/x for being uncooked) = 1/4
Gore 2 - 4 + 0 = 4
Gore 3 - 3 + 0 = 3
Smokey Al Gold - 2 + 0 = 2 (For working too much, final score will be factorial, or x!) = 2 (way to squander that opportunity)
Redhot - 16 + 2 = 18
Gore 4 - 2 + 1 = 3
colonel00 - (-2) + 0 = -2 (final score will be modified/marginalized to 1/x for being uncooked) = -1/2
FattyMac 1 - (-3) + 2 = -1
FattyMac 2 - (-8) + 2 = -6
deguerre - (-3) + 1 = -2
Shiz-Nit - (-3) + 16 = 13
Gore 5 - (-3) + 1 = -2
Gore 6 - (-3) + 1 = -2
Gore 7 - (-3) + 0 = -3
Gore 8 - 7 + 0 = 7
Will work for bbq 1 - 3.5 (half SPAM bonus for using SPAM of the Sea) + 5 = 8.5
Will work for bbq 2 - (-0.5) (half SPAM bonus for using SPAM of the Sea) + 0 = -0.5
Gore 9 - 7 + 1 = 8
Phubar - 3 + 2 = 5

Then, Rule #6 is applied to all ODD numbered totals

caseydog - 46
Team Sicily - 9 + 3 = 12
watertowerbbq - 7 + 3 = 10
ecode - 8
Oldyote - 20
Gore 1 - 10
GARNAAL - 1/4
bluetang - 1/4
Gore 2 - 4
Gore 3 - 3 + 3 = 6
Smokey Al Gold - 2
Redhot - 18
Gore 4 - 3 + 3 = 6
colonel00 - -1/2
FattyMac 1 - -1 + 3 = 2
FattyMac 2 - -6
deguerre - -2
Shiz-Nit - 13 + 3 = 16
Gore 5 - -2
Gore 6 - -2
Gore 7 - -3 + 3 = 0
Gore 8 - 7 + 3 = 10
Will work for bbq 1 - 8.5
Will work for bbq 2 - -0.5
Gore 9 - 8
Phubar - 5 + 3 = 8

Next, Rule #9 is applied to all EVEN numbered totals

caseydog - 46 x 0 = 0
Team Sicily - 12 x 0 = 0
watertowerbbq - 10 x 0 = 0
ecode - 8 x 0 = 0
Oldyote - 20 x 0 = 0
Gore 1 - 10 x 0 = 0
GARNAAL - 1/4
bluetang - 1/4
Gore 2 - 4 x 0 = 0
Gore 3 - 6 x 0 = 0
Smokey Al Gold - 2 x 0 = 0
Redhot - 18 x 0 = 0
Gore 4 - 6 x 0 = 0
colonel00 - -1/2
FattyMac 1 - 2 x 0 = 0
FattyMac 2 - -6 x 0 = 0
deguerre - -2 x 0 = 0
Shiz-Nit - 16 x 0 = 0
Gore 5 - -2 x 0 = 0
Gore 6 - -2 x 0 = 0
Gore 7 - 0 x 0 = 0
Gore 8 - 10 x 0 = 0
Will work for bbq 1 - 8.5
Will work for bbq 2 - -0.5
Gore 9 - 8 x 0 = 0
Phubar - 8 x 0 = 0

Finally, all of your entries are added together to give you one grand total!

caseydog - 0
Team Sicily - 0
watertowerbbq - 0
ecode - 0
Oldyote - 0
Gore - 0
GARNAAL - 1/4
bluetang - 1/4
Smokey Al Gold - 0
Redhot - 0
colonel00 - -1/2
FattyMac - 0
deguerre - 0
Shiz-Nit - 0
Will work for bbq - 8
Phubar - 0

The person with the highest total after all adjustments is WILL WORK FOR BBQ!

Once we determine what Shiz and CD want to do and get that resolved, I will post the winners thread!:thumb:

In the meantime, congrats to Shiz, CD and Will work for bbq!:clap2:

So, Shiz-nit and I tied for the win and got a zero on the same entries in the same throwdown. Another first, I do believe.

CD

Once we determine what Shiz and CD want to do and get that resolved, I will post the winners thread!:thumb:

In the meantime, congrats to Shiz, CD and Will work for bbq!:clap2:

I sent a PM to Shiz-nit. I'm just waiting for a response.

CD

Biggie has the new TD, and it is a fun one -- packed full with the special rules we all love so much. And, the rules are written in Aramaic, just to add the little extra challenge. Hopefully, bigabyte pry himself away from the Glenn Beck Show for long enough to post it.

CD :becky:

Just so all of you know, this was not just a plain ol' ordinary "Cook Like a Bigabyte" Throwdown. In honor of Mr. Big's support of the Zero's Club, and as FattyMac pointed out in the previous thread, it was designed so that all who entered would get a Zero and be qualified to enter the Zero's Club. Furthermore, since everyone would be tied, everyone would win. This latter point also was critical to this throwdown, since Bigabyte on many occasions has shown extreme liberal tendencies. What could be more liberal than everyone being a winner just for entering? Mr. Big decided this was just too liberal and started awarding "Bigabyte factors" in addition to the Squirrel and Foil Points. These fractional awards ensured that some entrants would have non-zero outcomes. So, for all you liberals out there hoping to come away with a piece of the pie in this one, I am sorry. Chris just isn't as liberal as he seems under that conservative veneer. I, on the other hand, did manage to come away with 9, count them 9(!), zeros in a single throwdown!

It just didn't seem right to award a full SPAM bonus for SPAM of the Sea.:becky: I figured half was good. Had you picked an even number for the SPAM bonus, half would have still been a whole number!:becky: Although......I have no proper rationale for the inverse vote counts...except simply wondering if they would win and wondering what sort of mess that would create!:laugh:

Blame it on Reaganomics, everyone else does.... Either that or he really does like Spam from the sea. 3 of the 4 entries receiving fractional foil/squirrel points were fish the other was a rare eggplant. I don't think he realizes that salmon is a fish because it is so beautiful but halibut and cod on the other hand are pretty ugly. But what do I care, I'm the most well adjusted farker here.:heh:

You mean it was purely by accident that you assigned fractional points and this had nothing to do with some latent conservative impulse? So you're saying that you're a liberal through and through and this idea of awarding fractional Bigabyte factors turned out to be just another failed liberal policy with unintended consequences. :becky:

Last edited:
Back