Virginia BBQ sauce ??????

I know exactly what Tuffy uses in his rub and it does have a good amount of sugar. Don't get me started on the sauces. Same goes for B&Z.

Bill's was low to no sugar BBQ in seasonings or sauce. Bill's was old school kind of like so many other things that younger people don't respect. It doesn't mean it's "tired" or bad. It just wasn't filled with sugar. Let's face it, sugar sells. Take a look at the 25 top selling BBQ sauces and see for yourself. They are all so similar and so sweet.

I'll hang on to the tired old vinegar stuff myself. I like some sweet sauces but not many of the copy cat sauces that are around. It's hard to tell the difference between a lot of them and don't get me started on the whole liquid smoke thing most of them have.

Same here Bo im a younger guy and my fav style sauce is carolina style vinegar sauce especially on my pulled pork

I grew up on S&P and chili based sauce BBQ in other words Savory. I don't do sweet and I do do Fancy Do BBQ. If there is waited tables or table service inside I don't even bother to go in. BBQ aint Fine dining it's BBQ stupid! The best "Q" is found off the beaten path cooked by unfamous folks. Some of the best ribs I ever ate( besides Mine) came from a little place in Down town Ft Lauderdale on Broward Blvd in a Gas station Parking lot. I'm getting off topic here and I apologize to the OP. I'm an Vinegar sauce man on my Pork.:tape:

Does Sauer's Barbecue Sauce contain any form of smoke flavoring? I tried their web site, but it doesn't list the ingredients.

Let's keep this discussion about VA BBQ not about people in VA who cook BBQ. There is a difference.

Does Sauer's Barbecue Sauce contain any form of smoke flavoring? I tried their web site, but it doesn't list the ingredients.

No. I've got a bottle right here so if you need me to list the ingredients I will. I just tasted it and do not taste any smokiness.

No. I've got a bottle right here so if you need me to list the ingredients I will. I just tasted it and do not taste any smokiness.

Thanks Brauma, but you don't have to go through the trouble. If you say it doesn't taste like it has any smoke flavor then that's good enough for me. I think one of the local Wal-Marts sells Sauers so I'll have to pick up a bottle next time I'm there. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Back