BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Phil
This weekend, a bunch of local brethren, as well as shagdog, chicagoKP and ofmarine are joining with Paul shirley(tuscalossaQ) and SmokerPA to feed 1800 Veterans, soldiers and family at the Northport VA Hospital.

Just ordered over 1600 lbs of meat, have a cord of wood getting delivered, FOGO chgarcoal donated a pallet of lump, blues hog and head country are sending sauces, pork Mafia is sending rub and a bunch of other folks are donating various things.. we have spicewine and Big Poppa rubs left from a previous event.. both donated.. its amazing how folks will open their hearts and wallets for out vets.

This is the 8th year we are doing this. It started 8 years ago feeding a couple hundred and has grown to 1800-2000. We have a vcore group of folks that are always there to help and this year folks are driving and flying in from Maine, Alabama, Wyoming, Illinois, jersey and Connecticut. folks from this group never cease to amaze me..

heres a few pics from last years event..

Absolutely selfless and gracious thing that you all are doing. This is truly the most generous bunch of people I know of and it makes me proud to be a member.:thumb:

This is something to be proud about fellas.

Good luck to you all. This would be one thing I'd love to go to America for.

Cheers!

That is a massive cook. I can't even wrap my head around the logistics involved. What a wonderful gesture, and may God bless everyone involved.

Very cool y'all! What a great thing to be doing. Way to step up for those who have stepped up for us.

I am really looking forward to the pron on this one! :hungry: Also looking forward to seeing that Shirley beast loaded up and chugging away!

I love this event! Wouldn't miss it. Really excited to be there again. You guys are really amazing. The amount of work that goes into this on the front end is truly staggering. Happy I can be a part of it!

... Also looking forward to seeing that Shirley beast loaded up and chugging away!

Oh, yeah! I completely forgot all about that massive build from Paul!

That's going to be a sight to see, in and of itself!

:pop2:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
We are about an hr away from the city.... thank God for Sharon I am not made for this traffic ..... no one wants to wave and say hello.... if they do for some reason it’s only with 1 finger.....and when I have my blinker on I thought they were suppose to let me in.... oh welll... we are so excited and blessed to be able to be around such hero’s.......

We are about an hr away from the city.... thank God for Sharon I am not made for this traffic ..... no one wants to wave and say hello.... if they do for some reason it’s only with 1 finger.....and when I have my blinker on I thought they were suppose to let me in.... oh welll... we are so excited and blessed to be able to be around such hero’s.......

This made me laugh out loud. So true.

Paul, just wave back and smile. That will really get under their skin. Have fun, be safe, and another big THANK YOU to all involved. I have to get in on one of these one day.

Back