Venison tenderloin on the kamado

Smoking Westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Had a little time between the storms last night to fire up the kamado. I cooked up a piece of chicken for the wife and a pair of venison tenderloins for myself.

Tenderloins were seasoned up with some Milwaukee Iron rub from the Spice House and grilled directly over some lump for just a couple minutes on both sides.

This rub smells awesome while cooking and had a little cayenne bite.

Plated up with some new potatoes seasoned up with a little olive oil and some Dillo Dust...

Turned out really good, unfortunately that was the last of my tenderloins until next season. I do still have a whole backstrap and some chops left (plus some roast and ground).

yum... It's may and you still have tenderloins??? Jealous

I try and stash a few of the good bits under all the pork when we butcher hogs. Make 'em last a little longer! :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, first time cooking venison on the kamado and it turned out fantastic.

I was fortunate enough to get two deer this year, a nice big doe and then a younger 8 pointer with my revolver (1st deer with a revolver)

Looks perfect. The Kamado Joe is the only way I'll cook venison now. It's been even better now that I bought the Grill Mates.

I've got one small piece of backstrap left but do have a couple of wild hogs in the freezer. I only hunt with a recurve so I cherish my venison and try to make it last.

Back