Ugly Drum Smoker Rotisserie Mod w/pics

ez que

I have done this with my ez que ,much better than weber unit and you can get a battery powered motor

Just got home from Lakers game....

I did the chickens yesterday on my weber. Brian, you got me inspired bro! I'm gonna see if mine will hook up to my barrel. Them chicks look happy!

I added a rotisserie to my home made extension ring (made out of a 55-gallon barell segment) as shown below:

Note: picture shows the ring on a propane-powered unit by Masterbuilt (discontinued) Sorry, no pics with rotisserie.

Attachments

• extension ring.jpg
    extension ring.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 324
I knew it could be done. And people told me "Why would you want to put a rotis on the uds??" :p :p

I knew it could be done. And people told me "Why would you want to put a rotis on the uds??" :p :p

I turn the meats when I use the UDS, so it was only natural to try this. I ran it hotter than normal, I was shooting for 350*, but it settled in at @300* and the chickens were getting a nice color to them so I just let it do its thing. I was expecting more smoke to leak around the ring, but it was like a normal rotis cook only a little longer.

I love anything on a rotis and charcoal beneath it. Lots of great stuff like Brazilian bbq is done like that, and I would love to try it!

Brian get job. thanks for the idea, you showed it can be done. UDS onward and upward. i wil try this mod. thanks:-D:cool:

I know this is an old thread. Thanks for posting the link RonL. I missed these pics the first time around.
Nice job Swampbr. :thumb:

I have a rotisserie extension on my old drum too but it's taller... I made it deep enough for the Ribolator.

Back