UDS Rotisserie

Very nice! I'm pretty sure I saw NorthwestBBQ cooking at a tournament on something nearly identical to that.....
Since I am just finishingup a UDS, I think I know what the next project is!

I made a simple PDF file with the dimensions. I used metric when I designed the bracket. The conversion to inches is pretty close. Each bracket is 120 degrees from the other. The hub is 1 inch thick, each pin is 3/4 inch long.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ty3g08f3xhoq50z

so ah, any new movies or pics of this thin gin use?

thanks
I bought some babybacks yesterday. Hopefully on Wednesday.

Smokemaster, where are you at in Germany, you in miltary?

I live near Trier, Germany. I'm a blue card member now.

Last edited:
I made a simple PDF file with the dimensions. I used metric when I designed the bracket. The conversion to inches is pretty close. Each bracket is 120 degrees from the other. The hub is 1 inch thick, each pin is 3/4 inch long.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ty3g08f3xhoq50z

I bought some babybacks yesterday. Hopefully on Wednesday.

I live near Trier, Germany. I'm a blue card member now.

Link did not work on my end. I am also a "blue" card holder, working for the Army. Have been over there many times for work teaching classes, love it over there.

The Rib-O-Lator works fine in my UDS;

riboltaor.jpg

What is the point of the ribolator? The same surface is always exposed to the heat. Is it just for more even heating? i thought the point of a rotissery was to not only keep the moisture on the meat by not letting it drip. but also expose all surfaces. What is the goal of a product like this?

I've used the Rib-O-Lator once in my UDS and it produced the best tasting, juiciest ribs I've smoked to date.

All Rotisserie cooking provides even heat and smoke throughout the cook.

Rotisserie cooking is designed to be done on lower heat, there is no burning, the meat self bastes, no turning, moving, flipping of meat throughout a cook.

It creates a more juicy, flavorful product.

I can understand the even heating. not having to worry about drafts or shelf height. But the self basting part is where i'm a bit lost. If they dont actually turn over how do they baste? set on top drips on the set on the bottom and vise versa?

What is the point of the ribolator? The same surface is always exposed to the heat. Is it just for more even heating? i thought the point of a rotissery was to not only keep the moisture on the meat by not letting it drip. but also expose all surfaces. What is the goal of a product like this?

i do think the rol and it's knockoffs are cool BUT...

i have to agree that the basic concept of a rotissiere is meat rotating 360 on its axis, not just riding around ferris wheel style.

if (ya right more like when) i build one i think i will mount the holder basket thingess 90 degrees apart in a non rotational manner and use the holdit thingee to keep my meat where it belongs, as i feel this is always important :becky:

I just picked up 3 of those CharBroil baskets at Lowe's for 5.39each. They are on closeout. What a deal!

Back