UDS Building Class - Saturday

I just realized I hadn't been around for about a week! Busy, Busy, Busy!

Anyway... workshop was great! It took longer than it might have, but we got 10 smokers built before 3 pm, taking our time and having some fun building the smokers.

The team of Bucky McOinkum's BBQ is now ready to compete on an XL BGE and up to 4 UDSs!

There were a lot of safety rules broken, but no loss of blood that I saw, and all appendages stayed attached... most likely because I killed my back before getting there and stayed mostly out of the way.

2621735184_b11f86b97e.jpg

2621730468_117da0ee2d.jpg

And Bob was ready to help out a new brethren in breaking the lighter fluid habit...

2621728936_7b19f16299.jpg

2621731866_f2ab99a465.jpg

2620907051_8d764a88d7.jpg

Curt was the official photographer, so to prove it we'll just have to wait on those. Definitely a good time. Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch.

Curt was the official photographer, so to prove it we'll just have to wait on those. Definitely a good time. Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch.

opps

"Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch"
22421609.jpg

must have been hard with no drums :wink:

The class was awesome. We had a great time and worked pretty hard. I'm still sore dagone it...

I fired up the smoker today and tried to do a brisket and burned the crap out of it. It reached 210 in 6 hours. Im still learning how to use it but I love it so far.

Thanks Bob for everything man. I had a blast.

Wish I could have been there for that adventure!
Excellent idea!

BTW how'd Norco get a picture of my hand?!?

Chinese....any word on if you will do another one of these this year?? I am dying to get in on one.

Back