Two Kettles to Feed the Crowd

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
I decided to enter the ***SPECIAL***"Kettle Cookoff" Throwdown: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297799

It was Easter Sunday and some of the Fam was gathering at my sister's to celebrate.

I got a whole New York roast from Costco and carved it into steaks. After breaking out the tape measure and doing some light math, it was decided the roast would not yield enough inch and a half steaks to go around. After trimming one end square, I placed toothpicks at one inch intervals and cut 12 steaks, just enough to go around.
While the steaks were chillin' in the fridge, I loaded up the 22' Weber kettle and the Jumbo Joe (I think it's an 18"er. Please correct me if I have it wrong) along with some Kingsford and a charcoal chimney. I also loaded up a propane bottle and the the burner from the turkey fryer.
After getting all set up, I seasoned half the steaks with a salt and pepper mix and the other half with some Hardcore Carnivore Black. Then I got to cooking with some help from one of my brothers.
The thin steaks cooked fast and although nobody complained, some of them got overcooked. OOPS. They sure were tasty.

Since some of the folks didn't eat a whole steak (and I knew they wouldn't) I brought a couple home with me for sandwiches during the next week. I saved the juice that had collected in the pan while they rested after coming off the grill. I sliced some bolillos open, poured some juice on each side. Then came the extra sharp white cheddar and the thinly sliced steak that I reheated in the rest of the juice. I poured the rest of the juice over the top and dug in. The first bite was so good my knees got weak and I had to sit down to finish it. Now here is the pron:

Attachments

• kettle 2.jpg
    kettle 2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 181
  • kettle 5.jpg
    kettle 5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 181
  • kettle 6.jpg
    kettle 6.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 181
  • kettle 7.jpg
    kettle 7.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 182
  • kettle 8.jpg
    kettle 8.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 182
  • kettle 9.jpg
    kettle 9.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 179
  • kettle 10.jpg
    kettle 10.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 180
  • kettle 12.jpg
    kettle 12.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 179
  • kettle 13.jpg
    kettle 13.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 180
  • kettle 15.jpg
    kettle 15.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 178
  • kettle 16.jpg
    kettle 16.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 181
  • kettle 17.jpg
    kettle 17.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 178
  • kettle 21.jpg
    kettle 21.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 180
  • kettle 22.jpg
    kettle 22.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
“My knees got weak…” LOL!

I can see why!! A kettle full of quality steaks… not much better in life than that right there [emoji39]

Back